[USA-Illinois] Custom Build for Sale

Asking $1200. Prefer pickup, and willing to drive a little to facilitate a good transaction, but may also ship in US at buyer’s expense.

Hi everyone, new member here in Chicago, IL. I’m trying to sell a custom board I made and its charging system. I kept it for awhile as it has been one of my favorite pieces of engineering work in college but I regularly bike around now, so I think it’s time to part ways and give someone a decent deal on what I think is a good-quality build for a custom board. Roughly $2000 of material cost put into it.

• Charger Power Supply: MeanWell SE-1000-24
  • Balance Charger: iCharger 3010B
  • Batteries: 4x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 5S 25-50C LiPo (wired as 2 parallel pairs in series to create a 10S 10,000mah power source. The charger can balance charge the entire system at once.)
  • Motors: 2x Turnigy Aerodrive SK3-6374-192kv
  • ESC: Alien Power Systems 150A 2-12S Twin ESC
  • Throttle Control: Wiiceiver (wireless Nintendo Wii Nunchuck controlled)
  • Anti-spark Power Switch
  • Motor Plates + Truck Mounts from Alien Drive Systems
  • Trucks: Caliber II
  • Wheels: 5" Skike (will include some spare tires and tubes)
  • 15:44 motor-to-wheel gear ratio with HTD gears and belts

Some personal touches:

• Battery voltage % indicator
  • White headlights and red taillights
  • 3 position light switch (flip it one direction and get lights continuously on, flip it the other direction and get flashing lights)
  • Adjust the flashing lights between 1Hz and 25Hz using an adjustable dial on a handmade timer circuit
  • The board side of the batteries are attached with adhesive-backed velcro, then the entire board bottom is covered in Gorilla Tape. Ideally someone would put a hard case on the bottom, but the velcro+tape has held everything snugly together on city streets.

The ESC is currently programmed to keep max speed at 21-22 mph as that has been plenty fast enough for me. The buyer could reprogram it to full power and get it into mid-30’s I believe, if you really have the need for speed.

Let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Hey man welcome to the forum. Nice first build. However the price is a little bit out of the realm of reason. :upside_down_face: Probably have a better chance of getting some of your money back by parting if out.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Crisfell. I may have been a little out of touch with the market here. Just dropped price $200 here and some other places I’m posting the board :smiley: Would you have a recommendation for the best place/forum/market to post complete builds for sale?

2 Likes

not much traffic here anymore.

Theres the more active DIY places like, esk8.news, freesk8 maybe. place but completes rarely sell there. Facebook, Letgo, craigslist will be your best bet to sell complete. However, and not to knock your builidng skills, youll stand to make a lot closer to your asking price if you part out. Completes made in a garage rarely sell. I chop boards for people every now and then, (youre out of my range unfortunately) but I can help you through the process if you like. Dismantling the board is way less work than you think. Youll probably want to try and sell as a whole but inevitably these things get parted out. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes
  • Deck $100
  • Charger $150
  • Batteries: $20
  • Motors: $150 together
  • ESC: $200
  • Throttle Control: $20
  • Anti-spark $20
  • Mounts ( wicked cool btw) $150
  • Trucks $50
  • Wheels: $100
  • pulleys $30
  • extras (lights etx) $50

all in all, there is ~$900 worth of parts here. realistically, I’d suggest parting it out since, in light of what can be bought with $1200 these days in the esk8 world, this build as complete is worth an asking price of $700 as a complete.

5 Likes

What is a ‘chop board’?

2 Likes

like a chop shop. a place that takes cars chops em into bits and sells all the parts.

so a chop board, is one to part out.

4 Likes

What the fool said

4 Likes

Lol parting out a board is so easy though… Takes like 20 minutes :joy:

3 Likes

You’d be surprised how many people want to just sell it as one piece. The usual reason is dealing with lots of small boxes. But it’s often enough to just order thosee usps Flatrate boxes.

1 Like

Um. @ZachTetra are you selling this board? Or is @jmclovinxc

1 Like

I’m getting scatter brained and hijacking a thread, please disregard me, apologise to jmclovinxc

1 Like

Hey @jmclovinxc, your welcome to tell these guys to take a hike. But @AgressivStreetLamp is correct. @ZachTetra he just a pup, still riding single motor.

Forgot to switch to the alt account hm?

1 Like

Oh yeah I mean I’m just giving my 2c. I’ll fuck off if op wants But i also don’t want some new lad walking in and paying 1200 for this thing it’s the best he can get for the money.

3 Likes

No I totally agree. Hence why I suggested the same thing. And I’m the worst about derailing a thread. Kind of my forte…

1 Like

Lol I’m trying to not have the single motor :joy:, 3 duals in the works

3 Likes

You forgot price for the enclosure. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

You still have any of this?

Hi Crisfell, yes still trying to sell the entire board. I have it listed at $1000 on some local online marketplaces. Let me know if you are interested.

1 Like