Using 12s batterys

@Daniel92104 that doesn’t strike me as ugly; but as a marvel of engineering! I’m inspired to try something like this myself! Do you have a build thread for this anywhere online?

On 6s I’m getting a top speed of 23 mph. I down loaded a mph app on my phone. Way cool. On 12s I was able to hit 41 mph but it was not topped out. I road the board all day today and never ran out of battery power. I’m wondering how many Ma I used up. That’s two days of riding on one charge.

No sorry no build thread. I built the solar charge station in a day and didn’t think to write up a thread. Last time I charged up the skateboards batteries the charge station turned on the solar cells to recharge it’s own batteries. I guess it drawed down the batteries enough for it to need a recharge its self.

I know you don’t have to push but its still a hell of a work out holding your stance on the board all day.

Yeah! Far out it annoys me when people make statements like “oh electric skateboard. . You are too lasy to push… la la la la …” yeah try riding this for 20 km and tell me its lazy.

Hell I used up 27,457ma of 40,000ma

I pulled two skater chicks up the boardwalk on my board and Got her number :smiley: hell ya now its a skater chick magnet. Shaaaaawing !

4 Likes

OK so I’m going to try some thing new. Two of these 4s lipo’s in series for 8s power with these 200A esc’s. They have a burst of 1000A and 200A continues. They also have a brake and reverse. my board should get lighter and faster on 8s over the 6s I’m using now. 12s was just to fast and 6s thou with 40,000ma range 6s only gave me a top speed of 23mph. With a brake things should be safer lol . I also won’t have the throttle trigger problem I had with these aircraft esc’s that i fixed with a rubber band. These 4s lipo’s are much thinner as well some 20mm thinner. So I’ll have a bit more ground clearance too.

Nice! I bought 4 5.2 6s Multistar batteries for my build. I’m a bigger guy at 215lbs so I think I’ll need the 12s power. I can then use the other 2 batteries for added range while I run a single motor and then add them in for when I upgrade to a dual motor setup in the future. My commute is only 2 miles round trip so I am hoping 5,200 mah is enough for that.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Ya for some reason these multistar lipo’s last longer then other lipo’s and still give you tons of power. Just a little warning to the wise 12s will jurk the board out from under you if your stance is not right so brace your self ! Oh and its way fast at 50 volts.

1 Like

Haha Thanks for the warning! I’ll probably end up gearing it down a bit for more low end torque and purposely limiting my top speed lol. You better believe I will be wearing my hockey pads and motorcycle jacket/gloves the first time I ride it :smile:

Oh and as far as what’s next. A Hover board with 8 prop motors on 14s :wink: 300lbs of thrust to lift me 130lbs off the ground ! Controls will be much like a drone copter. Flight time 30 to 40 minutes.

Well have fun going 40mph on your 12s skateboard lol. l let my friend ride my board with it running on only 6s and he was going quite fast with no problems and he’s like 230lbs.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Improve turning circle & turn responsiveness | Base plate angles & wheelbase length

Hey guys, This is a really interesting topic, but let’s try to keep it on topic. It should only be a discussion about 12S Batteries.

The cool part about the batteries I just ordered is I can put a 4s and 4s together for 8s or run it as 6s or even 4s and 6s for 10s or 6s and 6s together for 12s since they are all matching 20,000mah this is doable.

Hello im 230lbs with 1 motor and doing steep hills with a sk3 turnigy 190kv on 8s atleast 15-20mph full throttle i also ride 10s its most definitely beastly why do people want dual motors jus thought id ask? Also i use the VESC this seems super scary at top speeds with one motor wouldn’t two jus be super cray cray (crazy) lol?

1 Like

Make a video :smile:

I was all too familiar with this with my alien esc and a kick flip board now with the VESC it could be a 100s and i think it still wont jerk this thing is smooth as butter i was afraid of 10s until i got the vesc now 12 wont be shit and ive had 4 different esc nothings touching it will fix all jerking problems for sure jus thought id add