Vedder Anti-Spark Switch (BUILD LOG)

I was using 275C-300C so I think I should be good

And if I do a video Iā€™ll probably get bashed for my cringe 14 year old voice :joy:

1 Like

you may be only 14, but you are a rockstar whoā€™s building his own Anti-spark switches! Kudos man!!

Plenty of folks donā€™t even try or ham fist it (i killed a couple FETsā€¦).

1 Like

Thanks man! Iā€™ll try and shoot a video today if I have time. Iā€™m almost finished my Broā€™s board so thatā€™s first priority.

According to some pictures, the bottom switch pad is GND, middle is VCC and top is the switch one? Is this correct? @chaka @sl33py @DeathCookies

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/e/5/e594848ed3834bdb62218a6d301a8aadfd2dc95a_1_624x500.jpg

That doesnā€™t really help me. What do they stand for?

Great work Lox, for your sake and mine I hope these work out :grin:

a 3 position switch - as i understand it:

NO - normally open. So if you push the switch it will turn off. Itā€™s common state is on. C - common? NC - normally closed. So if you flip the switch it will turn on. Normal state is off.

my .02 and possibly close but not quite rightā€¦

i think i got it right - watched this same vid a while back. just a few minutes long and hope it helps:

GL!

2 Likes

There is nor VCC or GND on these pads. They are for a STDP switch which has a channel that is normally closed and one that is normally open (just like @sl33py said. The backside should also have a schematic showing this.

Nevermind, I just guessed and it worked first try :sunglasses:

1 Like

Zener Diode started smoking. It looked burnt even before I powered it on. Iā€™ll try the other ones tomorrow. Xt90 loop key for now :neutral_face:

That is why you should not just guess and assume it worked. The labels are there for a reasonā€¦

1 Like

What sleepy said, :grin:

Strange that you got a smoking diode?

1 Like

Yea, because even if you reversed the polarity of the Z diode, the current gets limited by the 1Mohm resistor in serial. Very strange

Agreed. I would definitely make sure your other switches have the zenner setup correctly - the perpendicular/horizontal line is at the top iirc. (just see the surrounding layer mask/ink showing the small double line = at the top).

Anything else burnt or swapping the diode fixed?

Well, Iā€™m sorry. It was working fine with my 3s battery and nothing was smoking. As soon as I did the 12s battery, boom.

Iā€™m not 100% sure it was the diode, I unplugged it and guessed where the smoke was coming from. Donā€™t want to plug it back in. @sl33py @chaka @goldenHusky I can provide pictures if needed. Iā€™m probably just shit at SMD soldering and screwed something up

Polarity was right on the Zener diodes. Diode Line on the silkscreen line

1 Like