Vedder Anti-Spark. Wanted. in US

@mmaner you right mine just blow 2 weeks in and I didn’t even use my board that much times. @hyperIon1 do you have them ready? do they last longer than a week?

1 Like

I’m putting a batch together this weekend. It’s so funny with these switches. No one makes enough. So I’m constantly looking for new suppliers. Now I have the pcb the correct pushbutton self latching switches are on back order. One issue I have noticed is the push button switches being used are under rated for the use. Most of the switches come duel rated ac/dc and they are not the same. The switch needs to be able to handle the volts and amps of your battery. I should have a few units working this weekend.

Why does switch need to be rated for the battery voltage? It doesn’t actually pass voltage, just completed a logic circuit that tells the switch to power on.

I didn’t think it did at first. But a pushbutton self latching switch 1a/12v will fail on a 36v (42v) battery. Some will not even work from the start. And some will lock in the on position after working a few times. I have since ordered 3a/250v pushbutton self latching and it works with no failure or lock position. imageimage

1 Like

I’m actually going to work on some switches tonight. I have even had pushbuttons that will act like everything is fine right up to the point you connect to load. Then flat line. I think that was a pcb issue. The bad thing is no consistency in manufacturing. Everyone does their own version and there is never enough to keep a steady flow.

2 Likes

I thought the switch handles voltage step down

Not as designed. The wiring actually disabled the switch function. In some cases reversed it. So I would power up the switch and it would gradually power down. Strange shit. But the best fix it to power your led off your out power and put a 1k resistor just before your LED + at the switch.