Vedder's VESC 6.0

What 65.000 limit? Vesc 6 can go higher. 150.000 ERPM was no problem so far. Benjamin tested very fast motors with success. Basically we melted the motor, not the Vesc.

Frank

4 Likes

That is great!

No worries.

Would be nice to not be limited to 12 series though. :wink:

1 Like

Yup… I am currently building a pack that can put out 5kW continuous. :imp:

2 Likes

Trouble starts when you go higher. Different chipsets, and different Standards (low voltage directive etc.). So we try to stay with 12S.

Frank

How complex would the upgrades be to go to 13S for example?

2 Likes

Would be interesting for a ebike with geared motor. There you can’t brake with the Motor. So 13S should be OK. Maximum is 54.6V and i also heared that some use it in this configuration. So even with spikes or wrong measurements it shouldn’t go higher than 55V. But for a longboard it wouldn’t work. Or you need a very big battery that can handle the power that get’s generated by the motor.

On my 12S8P i checked the data from one of my videos and the voltage goes from 46.67V in idle to 48.11V when i brake with 20 battery amps. So that’s a difference if 1.44V.

Let’s assume that we have nearly fully charged 13S battery. (54V). Then even with some wiggle room and some spikes i shouldn’t raise the voltage by more than 2V. So that would result in 56V. And at 57V is the shutdown.

All very very close to the limit’s but it could work. But for safety it would be a bad idea and it is only doable with a big battery. Guess with a 13S4P you have no chance.

But you could also only charge your cells to 4.1V a cell which would give you 53,3V and more wiggle room to the shutdown at 57V.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

That’s up to you to try. We will not rate the VESC to 13S. Sure, you could just charge to 85%, which is healthy for the pack anyway. No Warranty in that case.

Frank

I totally agree. It’s definitely not something you can rate the product for. You need to know what you do when you try to raise your battery to 13S.

Hi,

Does anyone know when the beta 2 starts? Thx for reply!

We will ship to all BETAS at the same time.

Frank

@trampa You got them in your hands yet? if so, whats your view of the quality?

also does anyone know when the shipping date is?

Quality is spot on. We controlled the entire process A to Z. Samples were shipped to Benjamin and tested. Ted and I visited the Company and debated every single detail for two days. We are 100% happy. No compromise whatsoever. That’s what we stand for with our Name.

Frank

4 Likes

I can feel your inner giddy kid over them. #FrankSealOfApproval

We just try our best to make the best gear possible. I hate to cut corners. In the end we all want the best gear possible and a worry free solution. Sometimes that means to dig deeper.

Frank

6 Likes

If i were to buy one off your site, when would it arrive? (In UK)

Usually it’s built the same day and shipped the same day. Monday to Friday…

Expect 2-3 days.

Frank

Does that mean that the VESC 6 will be shipping out soon? Would be nice with an update :slight_smile:

1 Like
9 Likes

Will this test bench be open sourced or is it closed source?