Versatile First Build!

That would be great! how are the V4 TD’s performing so far for you? I don’t see alot of builds with it besides the EXO’s that have yet to be released as far as I know.

I’d like to avoid having to trim the axle as I don’t think I have the tools or skills for that lol

After lots of reading up on the forum and asking around, I’ve decided to switch over to gear drive. I’ve got @Kug3lis TB218 pneumatic Fatboy Mini gear drives to go with my @Hummie deck which I’ve already ordered. I do plan on running 6.5" Trampa tires on the drives and downsizing to a 12s4p 30Q pack instead to keep the weight more manageable :laughing:

I also realized that I may not get the torque I need if I go up hills on the Carvons which was one of the reasons why I opted for gear drives

First part update! Happy to have the first ever part of my build to come in, The Firefly remote! Its abit rough on the edges and on the throttle wheel but shouldn’t be too much trouble to smoothen out! Thanks to @solidgeek and @SeeTheBridges!

2 Likes

My Maytech 6374 170kv Motors and @kug3lis Fatboy Mini 3:1 Gear drives arrived. Parts slowly coming together but have yet to order the N.E.S.E. 2s4p and 30Qs plus the 6.5" Trampa Tires and Tubes. Also waiting for the 3rd Batch of DieBieMS to push through and that should top off my parts list!

IMG_3164IMG_8873IMG_592639799660_10217196044154215_4147419827759218688_o

Super hyped to see this all coming together! tempted to get a Red Ember The 44 to deck swap with but I might get in way over my budget doing so :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t know if either the bearing looks so big or just mater small :smiley:

1 Like

Does that give a better perspective? I cant really tell if its either as its the first time I’ve held a non-hub outrunner motor :laughing:

1 Like

Wow it looks like day and night difference in between these pictures :smiley:

1 Like

yeah better angle here. You could also be getting used to the 6380+ motors @kug3lis cause you’re on a different level already :joy:

Also noticed that the motor spur is also black, nice touch! I just saw older photos with the motor spur in raw but I prefer the matte black :smile:

1 Like

Riptide package just arrived. Cant wait to try these out. Now if only I had the trucks and deck :pensive: image Possibly the start of my esk8 sticker pile :smile: Thanks to @Alphamail for these! almost tempted to try them on the clone trucks and baseplate on my Ownboard but I’ll save it for the actual build :wink:

4 Likes

So I only noticed this when i tried to measure everything up imageimageDoes anyone have any suggestions on what to do about this?

1 Like

Need to trim down the motor shaft?

I was afraid it would come to that. Any way to do this cleanly?

received_192225931474831

Cover motors well. The magnets inside will suck up any metal shavings. You don’t want that.

received_192225954808162

I had to do the same. Maybe it’s different with that drive Set up tho. This is what I did tho. I probably wait for someone more experienced to give thier input.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll probably stick with the covers.@kug3lis any suggestions on how to get this done? I’d hate to waste these motors

I don’t think the kind of drive should affect it though since we’re shavig down the same motor shaft

@Skunk how’d you manage to shave off the motor shaft?

I used a Dremel with a good cutting wheel. Took about a minute to do both Motors. I left my pulley on and used it as a guide of where I wanted to cut. But I’m very confident with a dremel. If you’re not, I would take the time to mark it and take the pulley off so there’s no mistakes.

1 Like

Right. I imagined putting a mark and just using a dremel to shave it off. I might do just that! Thanks @Skunk!

1 Like

Might even wrap what you don’t wanna cut with a piece of electrical tape? Be a good way to keep track. Just don’t forget to keep that motor covered until after you’ve cleaned up. You don’t want any of that in your motor.

1 Like

Okay great, I’ll keep that in mind. I dint have a dremel here at home, is there another way to shave it off? I could find someone local To do it with a dremel I suppose if I can’t do it my self

Idk… I bought a Dremel off of Facebook Marketplace for like $30. I guess you could probably use a hand saw. But I kind of feel like that would be rougher on the inner workings of the motor shaft.

1 Like

Right maybe better to take to a machined method. I’ll look for something to use!

1 Like