VESC Bluetooth Modules for Sale! [IN STOCK AGAIN] [APP FINISHED UPDATE]

You should have that little button in the lower far right corner that closes the keyboard.

Wheel diameter is always in mm, regardless of wether you are in metric or US. This is because mm is the standard for wheel diameters in the skateboarding world. The only wheels not measured in mm are those off-road tires, as they aren’t skateboard wheels, we just make them skateboard wheels, haha.

If anyone finds anything the graphics wise is off, please post it so I can fix it. Other wise, I will assume there’s.no graphics issues.

1 Like

I have the same issue on 5s no button to remove the keyboard

I have it set for US and it has (F) next to the temps and Mph for speed but I’m pretty sure they are still the metric values

one other little thing, does anyone else have a little trouble starting and stopping the record? I can get it to work but it takes a few tries

What makes you think they are metric values?

Basically, I calculate everything in the US system, and I have this:

if(we want metric system) { Convert temps and speed to metric Convert labels to metric }

If the labels are saying F and MPH, then it should be impossible to get metric system numbers, as those 2 are done together.

EDIT: I think I found a bug… The temp numbers coming from the vesc I would imagine would be metric, since vedder is in Europe. But I interpret them to be in the US. So I will fix this in the next update. This means if you select metric, the number is converted to metric while being metric, which is wrong. So… For the time being, if your using the US system, the temp is in metric. If your using the the metric system, ignore them all together, as they are super wrong.

We will have a new update ready for download within the next week to:

• Address this temp issue.
  • Allow you to flip orientation
  • Come up with a solution for the keyboard not always having the option to close
  • Add option to turn off notifications
  • We’ll see if I can make the record button a bit easier to press. The issue is the size makes it tricky to press.
  • And hopefully, add the video overlays

I will be spending a large portion of the day today working on getting the video overlay working. I’m getting closer.

1 Like

Yes, I should, but I don’t have it as you can see in my screenshot. No other keyboards installed nothing. Running iOS 9. Why are you telling then, that there are no issues?!?

No, not saying that at all. If you don’t have the ability to close the keyboard, that’s an issue that must be addressed. What I was saying is that in all the testing I did, that was always the case, and I assumed it always would be the case. But since it’s not, I will come up with another solution. See my post above about bugs and updates that are on my to-do list.

Oh I see. Thank you. Haven’t read the post direct above mine. :grin: Thanks a lot. If you want I can help testing/fixing it. Xcode is available.

An update to all of my followers:

I have been slaving away today like a zombie, and I have the graphical overlay working perfectly! Now, I need to add the numerical data to the video, and then video overlays will be complete.

I have order a 3-axis gimble and some lens so I can film high quality video with graphical and numerical overlays!

I expect to finish this tonight of tomorrow, and I will post a non-stabilized video with exactly what you’ll see and experience, and a new update should be submitted by monday that will fix the rest of the bugs, and add the video overlay feature :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Video overlays are functionally working. A few minor tweaks need to be made to ensure no sizing issues with all sized iphones, other than the iphone 6.

But here’s a bench test video. More video coming this Tuesday!

I will add a scrolling function that scrolls the plot as it goes, but it’s a minor tweak in terms of difficulty and time at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just an update as to where we are:

• [DONE] Address this temp issue.
  • Allow you to flip orientation
  • Come up with a solution for the keyboard not always having the option to close
  • [DONE] Add option to turn off notifications
  • [DONE] We’ll see if I can make the record button a bit easier to press. The issue is the size makes it tricky to press.
  • [DONE] And hopefully, add the video overlays

I’ve added some other graphics to help smooth out the user interactions. You’ll notice a bit more fluid feeling of an app now.

Graphs also automatically scroll as it records now. And automatically goes back to 0 when you start a new recording.

I’ll finish up the last 2 in the morning and upload Saturday. So hopefully, v1.3 will be ready for download by Wednesday at the latest :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Then you’ll finally be able to move on to the Android version!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Soon. I’m working on acquiring an Andriod device, as I don’t even have a way of testing anything I write. I also need to research the bluetooth communication code. It’s still a bit of a ways away, but I am getting closer and started the process.

[quote=“evoheyax, post:211, topic:10422”] oon. I’m working on acquiring an Andriod device, as I don’t even have a way of testing anything I write. I also need to research the bluetooth communication code. It’s still a bit of a ways away, but I am getting closer and started the process. [/quote] Have an old android phone that you’re welcome to have if it helps (LG306G).

1 Like

I think because it has no Bluetooth LE it is useless for @evoheyax. But who knows. I like that you are offering that thing. :+1:

Oh, haha. You’re right, that’s embarrassing. Yeah, the offer stands, but I wouldn’t waste your time on that phone. :slight_smile:

@faust Thanks for the offer, but yes, I need an android phone with bluetooth LE, and preferably, on the newer side of things.

An update for everyone: Vesc Status v1.2 has been submitted. Hopefully, Apple can get to it Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest (based on current wait times from third party tracking websites).

This update addresses all of the issues listed above, added some fluidity with HUD status messages, graphs now scroll automatically, and most importantly, video overlays are in this new version. Simply go to the tools, and click “Open Video Overlays” to record videos with graphical and numerical overlays of exactly what’s going on in your vesc while riding. You need no technical knowledge, or computer skills, or extra programs. Just hit record and it will do all of the work. Once done recording, videos are exported to your photo album where you can upload, send via airdrop, and more with just the click of a button (or two :smiley: ).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I also just pushed the latest updates to GitHub. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’m impressed with how quickly your squashing bugs and innovating on your app! Cheers! :beers:

Hey I just downloaded your app. Looks cool! One thing though… I changed my wheel size, but I don’t see where you can input pulley sizes. Wouldn’t you need to know the drive ratio to calculate speed?

Haha your right. I didn’t even take that into account because I only run hubs which are 1 to 1, so I never had that issue. I’ll cancel this update I submitted already because I found another minor graphics bug I want to fix. I’ll fix these bugs and hopefully upload again tonight or tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Was wondering why I was going 80mph :laughing:

haha, probably even more reason you thought you were seeing metric numbers.

Anyways, App update has been resubmitted. Seems the wait time is 3 days right now, so likely thursday or early friday. Just in time for the weekend :slight_smile: This update will have the following:

• Record button is larger
  • HUD displays status information
  • Notifications can be turned off and on
  • Temperature bug fixed
  • Keyboard can easily be closed now
  • Video overlays can be recorded in app
  • Added gear ratios for speed calculations
3 Likes