VESC Connect BETA PROGRAM [Abandoned - Incomplete]

You can see when the last time someone has visited the forum, not specific posts.

It would be ideal to eliminate it, but it’s still useful. When building a board, knowing the max amps you will draw is very important. It determines the gauge of wire you need to use in your battery and the max continuous amps your battery can handle.

Right now, I’m in a situation where I ave no idea, because the watt meters I’m using are so inaccurate. I trust the vesc knows the correct value, as we are trusting its protections (like max amp cont settings) will work, so it better be right.

It’s also important to know how hot you are getting your vescs. It will be easy to determine if they are overheating or not, or if they are even getting close. This will help determine whether heatsinks are necessary on a certain build.

Despite the loss of sync, you can still utilize this data to make decision about your electrical system.

And trust me, I will be looking into this bug personally.

This chip and app will be the solution in the end, as the support network of developers is there (so far the original developer, @makevoid, and me)

Hi guys, the pcb she I have been waiting to be Aus for days then I missed delivery and it was never taken to my local post office.

This is being investigated.

The app is ready for every one I’m just setting up a test flight ATM.

1 Like

Small claims in Australia favours those that weren’t given what they were promised, if that’s the route you decide to take. Not sure of the legality involved with international trade (I assume you are international due to your comment). However I’m sure anyone can talk to the ACCC regardless of country of origin and they would help you out.

@jacobbloy, don’t get me wrong, I like what you are doing but it’s time to face the truth. It seems that a lot of your ideas are good but then failing at the end.

Hope this is not the case with this one, but I have my doubts when looking at your track record with hub motors starting at ES some 18 months ago and the developments until now with no finalized product.

So it seems best to wait another 2 weeks and if there are no further updates I am out.

2 Likes

Once again rapid response @jacobbloy proving his worth to the community. No reply from you in 20 days.

Looks like we are all FUCKED!!! Thanks for stealing our money. Hopefully you learned your lesson about fucking up and making promises that you can’t fulfill. Now we all know the true character that you have.

Does anyone live in Austrailia? http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/RepresentYourself/CivilClaims/MinorClaims/Pages/default.aspx

I am going to contact and attorney and see what the options are since there has been no action by @jacobbloy

From the hub motor thread:

maybe you contact paypal as i said, you have buyer protection.

1 Like

@jacobbloy I think a weekly update isn’t to much to ask for. You would be in a much better position right now.

weekly update go search vesc connect in the apple app store!

And what about the PCBs that people paid money for months ago?

@jacobbloy I canceled paypal so I am at your mercy. Just wish it wouldn’t be like pulling teeth to get any communication from you. If you begin to communicate I will stop talking all this shit, but at this point it seems well deserved and actually effective. I am waiting to hear back from my attorney after talking to the courts administration authority.

So now I have an app, but no hardware. When will hardware ship?

Fantastic! did you ever locate the PCBs? If not can you let us know what board to buy to connect the app to the vesc Thank you

Hm-10 ble module. But yes I got them and I will be soldering on USB and button wires then programming over the next week.

4 Likes

@jacobbloy Just try to do better communication. That’s all.

After the hub motor issues I would be very carefully too. The remote is a safety relevant part and you shouldn’t rush through the assembly. I’m willing to wait for a good product which doesn’t want to street my face.

Its very difficult for Jacob right know with all you greedy bastards taking your money back :smiley: Since I ordered I had no reason to skip a meal because I weren’t able to pay for it. You backed up a beta product so you have to be patient. If you need a remote fast for cheap go and buy a GT2B. The idea of crowd founding is to share the risk so you shouldn’t jump in if you cant afford to loose that money. I still think my money was spent good and Jacob will come up with a great product and a huge contribution to all of us.

Time is running quick and schedules change. That’s life! And if e-skateing is teaching you something for life beside electrics and engineering it is PATIENCE and more PATIENCE.

Give him some time to make a product and leave him some money to feed his family. I have the hubs as well and follow this thread too, so I know the whole story. Poor communication that’s all he did wrong.

10 Likes

@jacobbloy how about a weekly update? Made any progress on assembly?

1 Like

So have you delivered any units yet? I’m making an app just like yours now based on my Android receiver. Cheers!

Nothing has been delivered. Still waiting for @jacobbloy weekly update.

Well he did post on the hub motor thread and we are all up the river without a paddle @jacobbloy just can’t come to terms with informing people of their fate it seems. Maybe you should start driving for Uber or delivering pizza on the side to make some extra money and dig yourself out of this hole instead of giving all of us the shaft.

1 Like

Sounds of crickets chirping. @jacobbloy

I don’t think we’ll ever see anything here and pp assurance time is almost over. And I waited another 20 days (see above), nothing.

I’m out.