VESC doesn't draw full power

Hey everyone A buddy of mine is using 2x esk8 VESC 4.12 in his mountainboard and he’s got a the weird problem that his setup only draws ~1400W total.

Here is his setup: 2x esk8.de 170kv 3kW Motors 2x esk8.de 4.12 VESC Zippy 10S 8000mAh Lipo 15:80 Belt Transmission

We tried in FOC and BLDC and didn’t touch anything in VESC Tool besides Motor Detection and different Motor/Battery max combinations (of which all should have used much more than 1400W in dual). The Turnigy Wattmeter only shows 1400W even with full throttle (which is also fine) and i don’t know what to test further. His whole driving experience isn’t that great so there’s definitely no fault in the wattmeter.

I’d consider myself as fairly good with VESCs so i don’t know where to begin troubleshooting. Any input would be appreciated!

Could the wattmeter be limiting current, is it inline or a sensor meter?

Have you tested under load? Set battery max to 30 each then it should be drawing 1080W per VESC under heavy load.

It’s inline and i also thought about it. It’s a 100A 60V turnigy wattmeter so that at least shouldn’t be part of it’s function. You also can’t find anything online about that. I will urge im to try without meter but i don’t know if it’s easily removable since he bought it used.

@myreala the wattmeter shows peak values and they were produced while driving. I’ve tried it myself, could pull full throttle and barely move.

I definitely would first try without the wattmeter

You can also buy a bluetooth module (it’s dirt cheap), and use Ackmaniac’s app on your phone to check the real time values.

Thanks! Didn’t think of that, will tell him.

Currently we are suspecting the antispark switch, didn’t know it had one before :smile: