VESC FAQ | Windows Version of BLDC tool

oh so i guess one with 7 or 8

Also, just FYI, sometimes Windows will try to install a newer driver for the OS than will work with specific hardware.

If your board is running, as on and working and your plugged into the VESC via USB Iā€™d think it should show up in device manager somewhere. It may not be under com ports, could be unkown or something. If it doesnā€™t show at all, even without any driver installed, there may be another issue.

You have a dual right? I had to order an adapter to fit in the tight space between the glued in VESC and the side of the electronics compartment on my dual Raptor. None of my exsisting connections would work. Did you have an adapter or cable that worked without issue? Are you 100%sure that the cable and/or adapter your using supports data, and not just charging? There are plenty of Mini USB cables and adaptors that arenā€™t made for data transfer, at all. Is there any chance youā€™ve damaged the USB port connection on the VESC, or that it wasnā€™t intacted when you received it? Does a visual inspection of the USB port on the VESC seem OK, no bad solder joints etc?

You probably thought of all this yourself, but I thought Iā€™d ask just in case something basic slipped your mind. Sometimes we canā€™t help thinking zebras ā€¦

OK. Got connected. Turned out to be a bad USB cable (or perhaps one that is only for charging). NOW I have a new problem: Firmware incompatibility. Anyone know where I can get the Proper version of the BLDC tool for VESC firmware 1.14?

http://vesc.net.au/BLDC-TOOL/Windows/OLD%20Versions/

Awesome! Thank you sir! :smile:

I was able to get it all connected and make the necessary changes. THANK you again!! :smile:

1 Like

i just got the VESC controller Ver 412 with f ctingirmware v2.18. my problem is its not connecting. error message ā€œno firmware read responseā€ Please help. thanks

Firm ware v2.18

Were you able to connect? Iā€™m getting the same error

There is a copy of the tool linked in https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/bldc-tool-for-windows/42335