Vesc motor detection failing

ok so your vesc disconnects when you run a detection. you probably have a blown mosfet, the fet creates a dead short on your input sagging your batteries to the point of disconnecting.

to confirm this you can check the continuity of the Drain-Source of each fet, should be high impedance (resistance)

now i understand why this thread is hard to follow, it’s high jacked half in spanish lol

Thanks Blasto

those solder joints look quite messy, maybe a high resolution picture of them, may have a short on the gate of a fet

Thanks

I’m sorry to say but your VESC needs to be replaced.

Thanks! There some way to kmow if my motor die?

Do the procedure described by @blasto

You could also disconnect the motor, short two phase wires and try to turn the motor by hand, if it brakes then it’s good

Lorenzo from Bolt Motion send me setting

Im going to try. If dont work I will send to Lorenzo to repair.

Thanks to all

Yes, when I put two cables together the motor slows down

Lorenzo Cella from BoltMotion ( Bolt skateboard ) disappeared. It already seemed strange to me to attend. I give up, nobody in Spain is going to help me. Now I have a charger of about 800 euros. The worst business of m life hahaha If someone knows someone in Spain who could change my VESC and configure it to tell me. Surely it is broken because never turn on any red light, or updating, or plugging, never, although everything else seems correct. I think it does not send energy to the engine. Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone who has tried to help me. Thank you

Thanks man, had the same issue. I however will write the Cutoff back to what I think was the right values.

Start 36V (instead of 34 V) End 35 V (instead of 31 V)

Do you see any issue there? I run a 10S 5Ah 20 C.

Thanks anyway already ! :slight_smile: