After riding my board for 4 miles, I came across a large hill which I was able to power up effortlessly on my dual VESC 10S setup. However, after successfully getting up the hill, the board slowed down and would no longer let me transmit power to the motors.
Thinking the VESCs potentially overheated, I let the board cool down for a few hours to try it again. After connecting the power and applying throttle, I heard a slight noise from the motors which quickly died out. Now trying to apply throttle I hear nothing from the motors.
Inspecting VESC’s further:
What I have tried:
- One of the motor wires seems to have fatigued so I repaired that.
- Using a multimeter, I confirmed that both the motor leads and motors are working properly.
- Reinstalled firmware and ensured BLDC settings are correct. Using GT2B I am able to confirm signals are being received by the VESC
- No fault codes in either VESC
- VESCs were connected via CAN-BUS, I have de-coupled and tried each one separately (still doesn’t work).
I am no longer sure what to try.
Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide. Before the VESCs broke, I absolutely loved them! That makes having the board on the bench all the more difficult.