VESC repair service in Europe?

Hi, I was doing research about people offering VESC repair service in Europe, I stumbled upon LP Electronics but they seem to no longer offer this kind of service due to registered VESC trademark (why? I don’t know), there was also a guy at vedders forum (@xlv) but it seems he deleted his account.

Does any of You know if anyone here offers such service? (preferably in Europe) I know @JohnnyMeduse does but he’s in Canada .

4 Likes

Guess I’m the only one who found the loopHole in the trademark for repairing /esc ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

LP Electonics is oob? They were really the life-saver guys! +probably the only one in EU.

That’s smells like BS. Even if VESC is now a TM for him, the time when v4.x were built there was no TM at all, so those are legally produced and called as VESC (and having the name printed on the boards). So based on this they could keep offering the repair service for those boards, they just should call it VESC 4.x repair. Or the TM is retrospective?

…and even if it’s a TM now, they could still offer non-official repair service for them. Will be there any warranty or similar and free repair service for now on for those VESCs that are covered by the TM? Even if yes, I think they could still offer unofficial repair service (what would void official warranty but that’s still the owner’s decision).

Did they got a message from Mr. Vedder to stop the service? That would be quite a rude step from him.

R, J.

I don’t want to choose any side here, just wrote what an official explanation stated on LP Electronics website is :slight_smile: BUT seems You’re kinda right, and I think Mr. Vedder it also to busy to deal with such things as TM personally.

If you cant find anyone in Europe to fix it your vesc is toast right so just chose an american :sweat_smile:

From a legal point of view I cannot see what is the relationship between the trademark and a repair service. This explanation does not stand.

2 Likes

I think they just don’t like bens business desicions and decided to not longer “support” this project, as i see no legal reasons.

Medusa is good . Belive me men​:muscle::grin::grin:

1 Like

Thanks for all Your input :slight_smile:

maybe @esk8 can help?

2 Likes

He should open a branch in Europe :wink:

1 Like

Yes, they did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently there is a new kid on the block:

@NAF post the guys details here so people can find it in the future when looking for a repair service.

@fottaz should be offering this service soon, if nothing goes wrong

1 Like

I already offer repairing service :slight_smile: I’ve just called it DRV fault repair

3 Likes

@fottaz Stilll offering vesc repair service?

Yep! Check it now at the link I previously posted! Something went wrong with that page, now it’s working!

Unfortunately it’s not a drv fault I’m having. Vesc blew up and won’t power on. receiver gets power tho. But awesome that there is dvr repair in europe :slight smile: Thanks for your service!

1 Like

Sometimes that could still be a drv fault, but we can’t be sure… Thank you for the support! <3

1 Like

I think Esk8.de is repairing them.