Vesc tool wont accept that I ALREADY updated firmware

I updated my firmware, per side, then redid the motor detection. When both sides are done, I try to program input. Then it says, old firmware. I did it with both sides, and one side update.

How do I best update, then motor detect? One side at a time? Both? Reboot computer? Shut down vesc tool? The program is lame.

2 Likes

The story has a happy ending. I STILL cant run input as it insists it is old firmware. But, after fighting with the damn thing till I explode, I hit the trigger, and voila. But, it is running in reverse. So, I rerun motor and reverse. All good. I turn it off, and back on. No joy, reverse again. So, I fight with it and finally, both motors run the right way, and I have a remote.

I can only think that the remote was the thing that lost uart signal. As when it ran properly, I fired up the old remote and nothing. MAYBE.

That vesc tool is as buggy as any software I have EVER fought with. I even sought out an older version. No luck there either.

On the plus side, I know almost all there is to know about vesc tool.

2 Likes

Gosh, I just love happy endings. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Have you tried turning all your electronics off and becoming a Monk e?

2 Likes

I think you could give me a hand my vesc tool won’t pick up the other side of my vesc and I can’t get my VX to remote to pair

1 Like

Plug into both sides of usb. Run tool on both. VX does not require a pairing, I still havent. I cant even get into the input wizard.

Does it rotate both when running motor wizard?

1 Like

I only have one USB port on my VSC the other side broke off so I can only do it via the canvas and it’s not working for me so I ripped it out of the fucking skateboard and I’m returning it

1 Like

Is there any other way to get this to work to get the other side of my vesc to work