VRUZEND battery diy kit questions!

Yea I haven’t made the video yet but I’m planning something along the lines of this layout. Could also do one cell wide and two deep instead too if the board is too narrow.

IMG_0239 IMG_0242 IMG_0243

3 Likes

So what will you use for the series connection between the 2rows.

Ring terminals on a couple inches of silicone wire, probably 14 or 12 AWG. Basically a flexible busbar.

whats the total width of batteries lined up like that? thanks

Approx 187 mm without any cover. Will be a few more millimeters when I add sandwich plates on either side.

Have you made the video of the esk8 build yet? I’m about to build a battery and this seems like a pretty good way to do it!

They are ok, some people have used them, but they are quite wide so consider that or you do deep and narrow. N.E.S.E is the superior product but more expensive.

2 Likes

What makes NESE superior? Is it just the fact that its in a full case and smaller profile or does it actually handle more current?

A vibration test. It is compact and it does handle more amps. Here is the thread. I like the v2, they are super cheap. Maybe i will build one someday with those v2.

1 Like

holy crap, I’d say that would hold up in a skateboard!!

Now I just gotta decide if I want to spend the money or just try my hand at spot welding. I just bought a brand new spot welder too…

hi Micah. I’m interested in your product, but was wondering if it would work for a 10s4p configuration since the amperage would be greater than the listed 20A.

THanks!

I have a 30cell v2 never used kit if someone would want it. 25$ + shipping should be 7$ in US. It should handle 30q cells just fine perfect for a 10s3p

1 Like