Wanting to buy pneumatic wheels... Any suggestions are appreciated

Would love to but switched jobs and don’t have access to the printer anymore. From what I read some modification is necessary. Hopefully @mmaner can tell us more about the combination of your hub and the tires - if it fits it should fit the printed ones as well.

2 Likes

In martins defense, I was looking for wheels too and was confused by your site as well(I actually ordered my vesc from you). I think you should update the main display picture to be a picture of the bare wheel by itself.

Ill post here the day I get them.

2 Likes

@Martinsp you have a few options…

@psychotiller SixShooter wheel kit is $300 and will mount on your trucks with no modifications… $300

Evolve AT kit is $220 but you will need @torqueboards 218mm trucks to avoid wheel bite. You also have to mill 8mm off the rear truck to fit the stock Evolve pulleys. You can use a printed pulley and avoid this… $355

MBS hubs with 200x50mm tires and tubes will work but you will have to order 28mmx22mmx8mm bearings and also use @torqueboards 218mm trucks… $280

I know all of this because I did a lot of research while building my current board.

3 Likes

Which set-up for Pneumatic wheels did you decide to use on your board after researching your options?

Oi! What are the ID on your tires? I would like to try them out on my 3d printed hubs.

They have an ID of 75mm

1 Like

I just got a nice set of pneumatics w/drive gear from @slowmez from 85$. If you wait around long enough, good deals will always come your way. Yes, @psychotiller’s wheels are amazing, but I am perpetually on a budget so these work well enough.

1 Like

I got a set of @psychotiller wheels but ended up needing more ground clearance so I went with the 7" Evolve.

1 Like

I didn’t like the experience of the pneumatics… just wasnt the longboard feeling I like. Glad someone could get some use out of them.

1 Like

Nice reply, Where can I get those mbs hubs?

Anyone else try these 5" scooter wheels? Inflate to 80psi and seem to be working really well. I just had to press the bearing out and respace them. They bolt right on standard truck with no modification and are about $26 shipped each with the bearing,wheel, tube, and tire.

No wobble(@ 22mph anyway) and they ride great. I’m 6’4 @ 200lbs and the ride quality was night/day just swapping the front only.Working on a modified avenue trucks truck pad suspension of some sort for the rear now.

Pretty cheap if you buy 100!

I have the same problem… I want to upgrade from my 83mm hub motors (hard as hell) to something more comfy. I don’t have resources for psychotiller’s, tb110, abec or any other brand names so I narrowed it down to those roughly 30 bucks a set setups:

1. 5 Inch Pneumatic https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3jN7XFa
  2. 97mm polyurethane https://www.amazon.com/Cal-Longboard-Flywheels-Bearings-Multiple/dp/B07SB6HF1M

I would prefer pneumatic but I’m afraid of wobbling and larger rolling resistance. What do you think, what would you recommend?

Dickyho’s pneumatics are pretty cheap & good afaik. You won’t be using it with the hubs tho if that was your initial goal.