Watts and motors i dont get it, HELP!

hi guys i have a question on watts in motors for a e bike u can have this 3 phase hub motor that is giant and is 3000w.
but then u have the 6374 witch are also around 3000 watts, but they are a lot smaller, so wy do we need this giant hub motor if we can fit it in a 6374 case, but then these 3000w hub motors take guys up to 100km a hour, but i have never seen a single 6374 do that so what is the different.

so what is the different they both run 3000w and 48v

other ting i was looking on aps and found these 5860 motors at freaking 15.000W like how can we have a 6374 that puts out max 3000w and a 5860 that puts out f ing 15kw

so how can we have a smaller motor whit the same watts but dosen’t put out ass mutch and how can whe fit 3000w in a 6374 and 15kw in a 5860???

The library used to be a place where people went when they were searching for answers. Nowdays they just toss out a million questions on forums without doing any proper research at all.

I see three questions, I’ll answer them as short and sweet as possible.

The difference is that they’re two separate motors. A nominal wattvalue isnt the deciding factor to what a motor is capable of. Also, how a motor is setup tend to differ the end reslut. A bikewheel is somewhat larger then a longboard wheel, where i’d imagine the other motor would be used. I’m pretty sure there are more reasons to people not doing 100km/h on a longboard…

It says it has 15kW peak. I’d imagine you’d be climbing a wall in order to make it output that much. Also, try to be bit sceptical when reading things on the internet.

To give you the shortest possible answer. The amount of copper is the biggest decider in an motor. Aslong as two motors have the same mass of copper, they are exactly the same in regard to max power output, torque, efficiency, max RPM; but at different currents/voltages. If they don’t have the same mass of copper they are different, but it is always true that the more copper is squeezed into the stator, the better the motor is.

1 Like

tnx for ur reply i cynda understand it know, but next time don’t amuse i didn’t do my research :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry if i come across as a douche, thats just how i operate

ahhah its not a problem , i was breaking my head over it after i ask my electronic teacher that came up whit the answer( bigger is always better) after looking at the spec for like 15 min, dident rly find shit online,

convenience. its much easier to sell it as a kit if people dont have to tension belts, align motor mounts etc. also heat dissapation is better.

hub motors are geared 1:1 (at a lower kv, but still) our belt drives are usually geared much lower (3:1 for street boards and 5:1 for MTBs) thus giving the hub motors a higher top speed. the bike wheels are also much bigger, so it takes more torque to get them to speed, but because of the bigger wheel it can spin faster.

boom, youve been schooled by a kid.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s a young goat, but you get the picture :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

tnx man ,its cald helping eatch other out XD and i am aslo only 16 sooooo

image you?!?!?

2 Likes

damn how’d you find me?

1 Like

u will find out when ur older kid

1 Like

Quit flagging

1 Like

tink this poste is over noww question awnserd

but i wont learn about watts and rotational enertia?

1 Like

well i am studding electronics so i cant say i don’t learn about watts XD