What am I doing Wrong?(BT Module won't connect)

I think I may have figured it out, I just don’t know how to solve it. Xmatic app supports Ack firmware 3.102, but if you use the Ack tool to download the newest firmware then it downloads 3.013, which I don’t think Xmatic app supports

Oh I must have a different problem then, I haven’t used Ack firmware

Or the ack tool I should say

Fixed my problem, poor wire connection.

Where was the poor connection? In the connector of just a bad solder? Maybe I will try replacing all the wires since I have nothing to lose

Mine was the plastic connector on the end of the cables, I cut it off and soldered the wire to the pins just for shits and giggles and it connected right away.

Was this the jst connector that plugs into the vesc or the black connector on the Hm-10 module?

Vesc side, the pins on the hm10 were larger so they were snug. If your connector seems tight it’s prob not your solution though I could feel mine was not the best

1 Like

Yeah on the vesc side I can feel the wires almost pull out of the connector

Do you have a multimeter? Maybe try to check the continuity of the wires for a fault

It’s worth a shot if you have exhausted all else, Need a small tip for the soldering iron to get to the vesc pins.

1 Like

I guess I have a firmware issue as well, I can not write modes, I sent a log and a question about it to thuan and he said the app does not support my firmware.

I’ve just about troubleshot every option, I’m pretty sure I have a bad module. So far I’ve replaced all wires and connectors, upgraded and downgraded my Vesc firmware, tried the module on multiple vescs but to no avail. It just keeps saying connecting to Vesc. I have been sending pms to @twan over the last two weeks but he has not been answering them. Any final suggestions before I buy a new hm-10?

Hmm are you sure you have the rx to tx? Your hm10 is on and sending signal since you were above to connect to it. Just not sending and recovering data.

Positive. I have checked them 10+ times

Where did you get the HM-10? Cause a while back I was having the same problem with my HM-10 from BKB and I tried all the troubleshooting and it didn’t work. Did the wires soldering it direct to the Vesc work?

Yeah I too got mine from bkb. I purchased mine in November of last year but it has sat untouched since then. Maybe ours are from the same batch? I didnt directly solder the wires to the vesc, instead I just ripped the wires out of the jst and they still had those small metal prongs on the end of them and I pushed them over the vesc pins in the uart port and they fit really snug.

Yeah I got mine in November too, part of the Black Friday sale. Is that when you got yours? Haven’t had it working since I got it.

1 Like

Yup, got it for Black Friday too lol @JLabs do you have any in stock, I need to pick up a new one

If your having issues, shoot me an email. Jared at buildkitboards dot com.

The app is sometimes (but not all times) at fault. If you have an android tablet or phone try the ackmaniac app. That has been rock solid for me. The twan app is hit or miss sometimes. One update it works fine, the next update there is an issue.

Either way, I’ll sort out any issues.

2 Likes