What does motor MAX actually means?

Well if you want predictability, you should really then run in speed control mode, not power.

Besides, running in constant power mode doesn’t give you steady acceleration. Why? Because kinetic energy increases in velocity’s square. So: if at power X, it takes you 1 second to accelerate to 10 km/h Your acceleration is 2,78 m/s^2 on average but it takes 4 times the energy to achieve 20 km/h it will take you 3 more seconds to achieve that speed so then your acceleration is only 0,69 m/s^2 on average

so your acceleration is not steady.

I just read this on vedder’s forum, from Vedder himself:

So it doesn’t seem to be related to motor max/batt max settings.

Someone should print every post on this thread and turn it into a book.

That was not on Vedders forum, it was on ES. If you copy/paste my stuff please do it right.

Edit: just saw that ackmaniac copied my answer to him into Vedders forum and you copied it again from there. We are living in a copy/paste world. :joy:

I am a programmer. So copy paste is 90% of my job. Sory for that.

No worries, I’m a programmer too - just another generation. :slight_smile:

Yep!

10CHARS (THIS ONES I DID NOT COPY PASTE)

LHB, would you mind helping me uncover this mystery?

My board experiences an acceleration burst at ~13 to 15mph on occasion. It’s dangerous because doesn’t happen all the time, just half the time at that speed range.

My config is: 10S3p, Dual Vesc. Two 6533 motors. Motor max 60A. Min -30A. Bat max 25A. Min -20A. PPM Current, no reverse with brake. Soft RPM limit start 30K. End 40K. Starup boost 0.05

Thanks for any info you can provide!