What does motor MAX actually means?

@devin my resistance is R: 0.01923 SK3 6374 - 192kv But i don’t run it in FOC mode because i have the HV 4.10 which doesn’t have the right capacitor. But i get my new 4.12 versions tomorrow where i can test in FOC mode.

And i know that the calculation is not 100% correct. Till a duty cycle of 0.85 it is 5% off from reality (compare the video with the table) and above that the efficiency reduces the power. But i did not want to make it too complicated.

I set the duty cycle to 3,846% and i come to the same value of 123,07 watts. but my new mode uses at such low duty clycle the current calculation instead of the watt calculation. Otherwise it would mostly give full throttle at low duty cycles which i don’t want. At 45 % duty cycle it switches to watt control. At 100% throttle it would use those 123 watts but at 50% throttle is use the 62 watts of the current calculation.

Very interesting overall. Which app are you using to get the data out of the vesc? Is it open source? Right now I am using an ios app made by gpxlBen but I am searching for an android app so I don’t have to carry my ipad with me lol. I would like to implement a log-to-file functionality and maybe add GPS coordinates to it. I stumbled upon an app called Traction that is using cordova and it seems to work but I need to double check if it’s getting all the data correctly (I can see only mosfet temp atm). it would be great to have an open source vesc logging solution for android as well .

@devin, i don’t want that. I want it smooth and controlable.

@makevoid That is my own app that i am currently developing. It also provides to setup the number of the Magnets, Wheelsize, and pulleys to calculate the speed. And you can precisely define at which volts you have how many percent of capacity left. And you can switch between 4 different speed modes that you can adjust durcing driving. But i am using a ESP8266 with wifi connection and not a bluetooth module. So it can only support that. Of course it would also be adjustable for bluetooth but i wait for the ESP32 which provides both and could do it’s own calculations.

But all of that is something for another topic at another time. And the mode switches work curently only with my modified firmware.

1 Like

This can be argued, as the column on the table just says “duty cycle” not “duty cycle %”, besides it is just a ratio and can therefore be presented between 0 and 1.

i showed it the same way as Vedder does in the BLDC-Tool. Only wanted that people can read the graphs as they are used to in BLDC-Tool.

I understand this and I believe that @Ackmaniac does too, but we don’t want to push that high current through the motor at low rpm, so we don’t burn our windings , just so we can have that constant power ALL the way through the RPM range, but we would rather start at lower power and then stabilize to a constant power somewhere 30 - 50 % of our RPM range.