What esc should i get

Motor link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-149kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html i have a 6s 5000mah battery and this motor. i want a 6s esc that won’t overheat but in the $50 to $70 price range. It needs to have forward with brake. Plz send me links of a 6s esc in this price range and work with this motor

1 Like

I think you’d be better off saving up a bit and buying a VESC. A cheap ESC may work, but they often have terrible brakes with little adjustability

How fast do you want to go? What is your gearing ratio? Running a 149kV motor at 6S does not produce a lot of RPMs, and it may be tricky to achieve a low enough gear ratio to reach reasonable speeds. For 6S, a slightly higher kV motor would have been a better choice (up to 340 kV), unless you plan on increasing your pack voltage later on. I run the same motor at 12S and wish I had gotten a 170kV motor instead

But this is probably your best option other than the VESC

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/single-motor-120a-6s-esc/

I got 2 vescs for sale I can sell you for $70 each

I have that fvt esc for sale for 30 bucks used

1 Like

From Where?

Freerchobby. Jacobs Hub motor manufacture

I’ve heard terrible things about the 6S ESC in terms of acceleration and braking, however I hear the 12S variant is better about that

for a 6s system you can always use the FVT 120A 6s ESC or X-Car Beast 120A/150A ESC both tested and working good for Esk8s. Get an matching programming card with them, so you can adjust brakes and stuff.

Like others mentioned, your motor is too low to run pretty on 6s.

Go with a Hobbywing Quicrun Esc. Imo one of the best 6S ones. Waterproof Small Cheap