What got you into Electric Skateboarding?

I used to skateboard as a kid, I didn’t realize then but I really needed a longboard, I never cared for tricks. Carving and cruising was what I loved.

Flash forward a decade or two, I was with my daughter in toys r us and saw a razor e board. It only went like 9 miles an hour and was pricey for what it could do. So I forgot about it. For about one week. Then I became obsessed with building a really good board, which led me here.

1 Like

I got a DUI 3 years ago and started using the bus system with my longboard to get around Seattle. A year and a half later my feet were getting tired of pushing and i hated my local bus route. I bought an evolve bamboo gt and loved it! It only took me a month or 2 to find the diy scene and I knew the bamboo wasnt gonna cut it for that long. Fast forward to today and ive got 3 boards running (all diy), and 2 scooters for my wife. Totally addicted

3 Likes

I started going to a school where a lot of my friends lived farther away, and there’s no good way to get crosstown in NYC. decided to jump on it as an opportunity to build something fun. Finally finished now, when i’m gonna be out of this city in less than a year

1 Like

MID LIFE CRISIS

:rofl:

I saw some kids with ginormous balls going downhill on their longboards and decided to get into longboarding.

Got myself a cheap no-name longboard to learn on and found out I’m too old to push and while my responsibilities grew as a family man my balls consequently shrunken down a bit (still enough for esk8ing though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Decided to get an electric scooter to commute but then I discovered electric longboards.

So I decided to go DIY since I love tinkering around. What can i say. i wish i discovered this muuuch much sooner.

5 Likes

Was in high school, thinking about college and getting around campus. Kept on thinking about the best way, and skateboarding seemed the way to go (had been boarding for about 10 years as of that year). I’m in Florida, and really didn’t want to get into classes all sweaty (was starting in summer semester), so I thought about adding a motor to my board, then started to learn what that entailed. Through googling found this site and haven’t left since.

3 Likes

When younger I skated everywhere it was my main mode of transportation all the way through colledge. Fast forward 25 years and got a dog with a lot of energy that needed exercise and I thought again of skateboarding. My dog and I have been Esk8ing for the last 5 years. She loves it as much as me. It is freedom for her and I from the busy hectic world around us. She comes to me a will houl when she wants to go out. So much fun for both of us.

2 Likes

I was at a park with my family and naturally I ditched them when I saw this older guy riding an evolve (the first model with a big ass motor in the back) I started research and 4 years later I have 4 boards 2 scooters and 2 more boards in the making

1 Like

Sune Pedersen from faradaymotion got me into eskating back in 2015. It all started with me buying an ultimaker 2 and found his eboard builds (spine and hyperboard) on youmagine… Sold at that point. And I had only once put my foot on a longboard/skateboard before… I was 27y old back then

1 Like

Thats easy… I got tired of kicking uphill on my commute for work. I literally said to myself “there has to be a better way up these damn hills” After finding out the cost and size of an Ebike, i googled Electric skateboards.i still Haven’t stopped googling and reading about electric boards

1 Like

I was digging the YouTube’s for something and came across @Eboosted videos.

I already build things, this fancied me so I started building esk8.

5 Likes

25 odd years ago a friend got a copy of ban this on vhs and before I New it we had a ten strong skate crew until we got old . many years later and started skating again and watching this new YouTube thing on a mobile phone , jens keppel and esk8fr were making totally awesome sk8 clips and got me feeling like a kid again

2 Likes

I was watching downhill longboarding videos when I was learning how to skate and thought it was cool but no way could I ever do that. Eventually I saw Casey Neistat videos and other “eboad vloggers” and got hooked when I bought my first board. After a year of riding I built my own. Pushing was a big obstacle for me when I was learning traditional because of my prosthetic leg. Now that’s not much of a problem and although I practice occasionally and find freedom on purely focusing on my balance.

3 Likes

Me: Hello my username is @eboosted and I once loved Casey Neistat.

@everyone: Hello @eboosted :condescending emoji:

5 Likes

Casey neistat for me too. I dunno why people hate on him. Dudes an inspiration. Don’t pretend like none of you ever rode without a helmet. As for breaking equipment, some of you sound like old grandmas. Its his money and his way of doing things. don’t be a hater.

2 Likes

I didn’t like how he gave window to Logan Paul

2 Likes

Or tried to fly a drone inside an airplane

1 Like

I had just got promoted to a full time job that payed for my tuition so I had a bit of money to use on whatever , I’ve been thinking about commuting to public transportation somehow so I was looking at electric bikes and somehow found electric skateboards. I then found the subreddit and lurked a bit , bought a Meepo to try it out and couldn’t ride for shit (I had bought a push board weeks before to practice).

After figuring out that I was riding the Meepo the wrong way (didn’t fix it though , felt really good) I like being able to wake up later and take me to the train station faster.

After riding around in the rain and foolishly having the charge port open , my Meepo broke and has been siting in my closet for months now. Got another board that also had issues and decided Fuck it, I’ll go over and slothfully bud a board and keep up with what’s up and coming.

I have a Boosted Board now to get me to work anda t as a back up board , now I’m just waiting on stuff to get to me to finally have 3 fully working boards

1 Like

I love grandmas :slight_smile: I just don’t like too much consumerism, for me it doesn’t make sense not caring about things just because I can buy more :man_shrugging:

Honestly, this just seemed like a no brainer after I touched a Boosted Board. May my boosted RIP. Not that it is broken, but everytime I get on it now after being on badass custom boards, it just feels so goddamn anemic.

And, building this shit is just a damn blast. This hobby is way cheaper than when I was all about my Harley…

20180826_161610

It is amazing I can get even more thrills at a fraction of the cost and danger. Also, I am a bit of a drinker, and it is a lot harder (not impossible) to get into trouble on an electric skateboard than a $30,000 Harley when you look like you belong in an MC… LOL

10 Likes

Was at santa monica ans saw electric skateboards for rent! Only $25 /hr. Since ive been skating all my life I decided to go for it…it was a yuneec ego. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever! After that I went home and researched. Found out about this forum back in 2015 and bought the enertion kit with all the parts.

3 Likes