What motors to get

Question im about to upgrade my build from 15t 66t to 15t 58t on 7 inch at wheels, i will be changing my dual 5065 140 kv motors for dual 6374 but i still dont know what would be more efficient for me a 6374 130 kv or 170 kv i do need the torque since i have few steep hills where i live. any good input are welcomed. I run a custom 1025p

1 Like

A few things I would consider. Your weight, and whether or not you want to be able to have torque at high speed (for fast hill climbing).

My build has dual 6354 140kv with 15:72 gearing on 8" wheels. This gives me a top speed of around 35km/h. This build is designed for monstrous torque at low speed, so between 0-20km/h I have stupid levels of torque.

The major downside is that at 30km/h, I don’t have a lot of torque left. This is not a problem on flat ground for me, but is noticeable up a steel hill.

1 Like

if you want a good balance of speed and torque, i would highly recomend the 170kv. i use dual 190kv on 12s 15/72 ratio and have enough torque to climb 30 degree hills. i can still reach speeds well above 30, but on channel trucks its suicidal.

1 Like

If you need the torque than don´t change the gearing in the wrong direction. 170kV on 66th is ok with 7", but not crazy too torque as well. things also depend on which cells you have in your 10s5p pack and how much current your vescs can handle.

1 Like

Oh mama you did it now. @DerelictRobot sic him! I had this same observation as did quite a few members but we were beaten like dogs. I still can be found cowering in the shower sucking my thumb and crying for my mummy at the memory. Its been emotional dude.

6 Likes

I dont have dampers. Above 25 mph its a wobble machine! I heard about the great channel truck debate and have seen it referenced, but i had no idea it was so severe…

1 Like

…and here we go again :joy: If you drive your skate trucks with totally lose bushings you think they are stable over 20km/h? The right set up is very important for any kind of trucks. Just because you couldn’t find a good setting on your channels it does not make all channel trucks to wobble monster.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, ive ridden with an without. I prefer without. Ive ridden trampa trucks with 6" wheels and tb 218s with the same wheels. At 25mph the 218s felt a little bit better. Offroad, they suck though. Even if loosened they just dont have the responsiveness of undampered channel trucks. Both are great trucka, but when it comes to speed i really do prefer rkp.

The only time i havnt had the shakes on channel trucks is when they are stiff as a brick and have dampers in. I primarily offroad anyway. Its a worthy trade

1,025p whollly sheeet, that could put out over 10,000 amps! Or have range for weeks!

110,700 watt hours.

Hahah sorry can’t resist a funny typo.

3 Likes

He parraleled a couple electric car batteries and tows them in a trailer behind his board

Any advice for the oncoming storm? I fear the moment i see the notification… will i ever be the same? Should i book a therapy session in advance?

1 Like

Batten down the hatches. Actually I’m messing because if Andrew wants to discuss it you will learn a lot about setting them up to go fast so fair trade and thats the only reason I tagged him.

2 Likes

So what your saying is theres a chance for survival? I already blew $600 on amazon to buy survival kits so i could become a hermit

2 Likes

10s5p sony vtc6 dual foc box

What are you guys even talking about.

What are channel trucks?

3 Likes

go and lay down sleep again… 6h too late… disappointing!

1 Like

You said everything there was to be said on the topic…

This time.

1 Like

Ignorant plebe :smirk:

7 Likes