What the Foc is FOC?

this is kind of an interesting read:

“A comparison study of the commutation methods for the three-phase permanent magnet brushless motor”

Wow that’s a great visual!

Hey Squish,

Thanks for posting your video. Great job and congratulations on your achievement! I also want to thank you for posting your specs and apologize for the following noob question. Okay you said you used a 36v 27,000 mah battery. I have yet to do the research to figure out how the math works but what would that equate to when position like a 10s4p 30Q battery? As currently that’s all I know.

for my 50 mile ride I went cheap, I used 6 balance board battery’s which are very very low c rating…BUT each is a 36v 4400mah 10cell (10s2p) so when I combined them all and wired their BMS’s together the entire battery was a 10s12p…I hope this answers the question. MY amp draw was still saggy, I overworked and killed 3 of the packs in the process, but that’s what you get for doing things cheaply…if you used better cells, threw money at the problem, took everything I learned, the distances become ridiculous…My only limitation right now is cash…batteries are extremely expensive…

1 Like