What's under the hood?

what’s your esk8 look like under the hood? is is a jumble of wires or an aesthetic masterpiece?

i’ll go first!

20181223_133435

19 Likes

Like the symmetry and the cable clamps (places order on AliExpress).

Out of space. Tried my best. IMG_20181103_023433

8 Likes

Interested to see how much people will use the enclosure as a housing vs the electronics on the deck

6 Likes

I built my battery into the enclosure, yes can remove it if need be but it won’t fit in any other enclosure.

2 Likes

Don’t tease us, need to see more of that battery!

take a pic next time its open!

I have it open right now I’ll take a pic when I get home from last minute Christmas shopping.

1 Like

Just happened to have one of my smaller builds open. image image

8 Likes

:confused:

20181223_151315

14 Likes

I’ll be trying the hummie deck/SF TKP combo pretty soon as well. Unsure if I want a urethane or pneumatic wheels.

2 Likes

Both my friend, 80-90mm axles and you can just swap the wheel out when you want a change.

I’m going to run these 107’s on this deck and 105’s on the other Hummie but I’ll have a set of @moon’s pneumatics for this one and 6 shooters on the other. Best of both worlds.

5 Likes

If u want some mounts

2 Likes

Appreciate it, but I already picked up some @psychotiller mounts.

2 Likes

IMG_1044

very tight for space so everything fits where it touches. The actual finished article has some more foam and cable management. Next time I will use some right angle techniques on the xt’s to save some room. hobbyking%20motor%202 10s battery and all the room in world in this one.

5 Likes

A little messy but I ain’t ashamed. It’s still a beast performance wise

IMG_1651

9 Likes

some what 10 cantatrices

1 Like

Soldering the cable at 90 degrees to the connectors can help with cable management. Some clever bastard did it on here and I am blatantly stealing the idea.

3 Likes

Now tempted to do that myself (thanks for the reminder).

1 Like

I try to keep as organized as possible

7 Likes