What's Your Range? List the following: Battery Size: (Wh, xSyP, LiPo/Li-ion, Brand), Drivetrain: (Hubs/Belt, Single/Duo/Quad, Kv, Ratio), VESC: (Y/N), Regen Braking: (Y/N), Average Payload: (User + Gear, Bags, etc.), Range: (Miles or km, Wh/km or Wh/mile)

@Yecrtz Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 6S 25~50C Lipo Pack

Unless there is glaring issue with the battery I’m leaning towards rolling resistance. When I crank down on the wheel nuts the wheels do not spin very freely despite having spacers installed. Not sure why that would be since they spin quite well if I hold the bearing b/w my finger and spin the wheel by hand.

No one posting stats on total weight. Not a very good survey if trying to find a range. This is one of the most critical factors.

I’ve found before that, although you have spacers, sometimes the bearings don’t go all the way in to their seat, which means when you tighten them, and the centre feels tight, there’s lateral pressure on the outer rim. Try pressing in the bearings more to their seat and then tighten up the nut. If you do that then the centre part of the bearing should be the only bit with lateral pressure and will help with rolling resistance.

Build Type: Evolve Carbon GT Battery Size: 360 Wh generic Chinese brands, 10S4P (apparently), Li-Ion Drivetrain: 83mm Abec 11 Flywheels, Dual-Belt, Racerstar 200 kV, 15:38 VESC: N Regen Braking: Y Average Payload: 230 + 20 = 250 lb (212.8 kg) Range: ~16 mi or ~35 km, 22 Wh/mi or 10 Wh/km

Comments: Surprisingly not bad at my weight. Wonder what it would be at 170 lbs? But pretty much useless for hills under 36 V. Getting some Samsung 30Q’s for comparison.

every post has the weight in it!?

1 Like

Looks like I miss read.

Build Type: DIY Battery Size: 6s, 4400 mah, Li-ion, Samsung 18650 25r Drivetrain: flywheels 90mm, Belt, torque boards 190kv, 16:36 Regen Braking: Y Average Payload: 135