Where is the Best Place to Order Legit 18650 Cells?

You can build your own spot welder. I am making my own for about $50 AUD. It uses a microwave transformer, spotwelder timing circuit and some welding tips clamped to the wire. Super easy and I should get some good welds. @Scream made one too, I’m copying him pretty much

1 Like

60 A is a generic listening value, can anyone use this powerful power? EVOLVE’s GT mode is roughly 30A. This is a numerical value confirmed with remote control. Raptor2 's 97 mm reach 53km/h at 12A. For me, I think 60A is tremendous power.

60-80 A discharge (and more) is very common on diy builds.

Everyone speaks 60~80A discharges as normal. Is my riding technique significantly inferior? Or am I misunderstanding something? I could not handle 30A of Raptor 2.

Are you talking battery amps or motor amps?

Battery amp.

Hmm that’s weird, I run 30 per motor on my dual board and it does have good acceleration but I could handle a little more. Are you talking per motor or total amps

Another thing I’ve noticed is that people used to riding low power production boards tend to full throttle from a standstill quite a bit, and then when they try a custom diy board they full throttle like they normally do and get sent flying. This happened to my friend when trying my board even after I told him to be gently on the throttle

1 Like

That is the premise of Battery MAX of VESC. Motor MAX is 80A. As you say, I want to know the difference in recognition between the production board and the DIY board. I prefer a mild setup to tolerate trigger misoperation. Still, for me, Battery MAX60A is too strong.

Raptor 2 is limited to 40A by a dedicated BLDC Tool. The professional mode in Raptor2’s dedicated BLDC tool was 26A. It is a terrible acceleration even with 26A. Voltage also drops greatly. In the forum, the topic in the discharge current always feels like a different dimension. In this forum, EVOLVE is a child’s toy.

In this forum, Evolve’s GT mode, 30A of Raptor 2 is slow setting? Or am I misunderstanding something? I want to know the truth.

Start watching from 6min mark Hope it helps

1 Like

I understood that it is an amp for uphill torque. Since I run only on flatlands, I did not care about the uphill torque.

Another question. Can anyone easily handle large discharge even in a flatlands? Always skillfully manipulate large discharge settings considering uphill slope? Is there sometimes throttle fully open on the flatlands?

You’re unlikely to see high discharge (above say, 30A) in normal riding conditions on the flat. I don’t know for sure, but (assuming flat terrain) I don’t think I’d be able to stay standing on my board in a scenario where the vesc was putting enough voltage into the motors to warrant drawing 80A continuous from the battery.

But remember, the max battery current is the absolute max. You wouldn’t set it to 20A just because you mostly pull less than 20A. You want to set it at the highest current that you might reasonably expect your setup to draw from the battery without breaking anything. A lot of people set it to 60A or 80A because their hardware is capable of it, and because they think they might pull that current, even if it’s just for a split second.

You wouldn’t want to be halfway up a hill, going a decent speed, hit a slightly steeper gradient and have your vesc just shut down on you - unless there was actually a danger that something was gonna burst into flames or melt or something.

2 Likes

Very persuasive explanation. I could not understand it for me who only ran on flat ground.