Where to find a good BMS

Hey

Is the price tag worth it because i am thinking about buying one?

Have you tried the expansion with the external current sensor?

can i install the external sensor and use it on 70Amps?

Thanks

Lets just say that those are the things in hooverboards, cheap ones. Look , theyt come free with 20 batteries XD

The Energus BMS is only worth it if you can code your own programs for the expansion ports for external sensors and other stuff. The plus side is working with any battery chemistry and setting overcharge and discharge cutoff points. It has a precharge function to not damage electronics on startup. Their external current sensor is way above what you will be using and not really needed unless you have plans to use in an ebike or car. You will not be drawing 70 amps on an eskate. Go with a cheaper BMS as mentioned in the forum.

1 Like

Hey guys if I don’t hook up the p- on my BED will my bms still balance charge my wires. The p- is shown as the negative load to my device. The bms I have is only rated to 30A and I need 45A

Mind this I am using a 13s bms not a 10s this diagram is in a book I got for diy lithium batteries

1 Like

Of course it balance charge when connected for charge only. Just wire it in parallel, Your negative lead from the battery goes to B- and to negative discharge as well, easy! No need to connect P- if used for charging only.

Do they have any that will protect the lipo cells from over discharge. All the one I see on the site only go up to 3.0v for protection. 3.4v would be the limit for lipo.

Ya, unfortunately they are more geared for Li-ions when it comes to over discharge detection. Best thing to do with Lipos is to monitor your voltage either with an app or with a meter mounted on top or through the top of your deck. You can also set the Vesc battery cutoff start at 36v and the cutoff end at 34v for 10s.

I just got in on the group buy for the 3rd batch of the DieBieMS. My understanding is you can set it to whatever you want through the config tool. Thanks for the reply.