Why everyone choose holypro 35* style boards and no one 35* long?

Every build I see is on trampa’s holypro 35* or similar deck and couldn’t find even one on trampa’s 35* Long deck. Why is it so? Is there something wrong with 35 long?

1 Like

Because of the shape. With 35° long or any other mountainboard the chance is high that you have to cut a part of the tail on the sides to make space for the drivetrain. With the HolyPro you won’t have any troubles.

But 35 long actually fits with most of the drivetrains…

1 Like

It could be but depends on the drivetrain and amount of tilt. If you look at e.g. MBS builds many had to machine cut outs on the deck. If I remember right @trampa also mentioned this about the 35° long deck.

Do you prefer the look or what is it?

1 Like

No holypro looks better. Just curious xD

2 Likes

The 35 Long will perfectly do the job and if you have issues with the space in between the drive train and deck, you can chop down the deck a bit. The material is very workable.

Frank

1 Like

Holypro/hs11 just looks better.

Its an all time great deck with the likes of landyatchz evo and the loaded vanguard :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s mostly aesthetics reasons. I got a second hand 35 long and cut it to look like the HS11. image

3 Likes

@trampa Thanks Frank! @JonathanLau1983 How do you cut it?

jig saw from the lower side, go slow and take a blade with triangular teeth.

1 Like

@trampa supplied me with the template PDF, printed it out and cut with Jigsaw.

I also had to drill new truck mounting holes closer to the bend so I designed a jig to use. Bolt on the bottom holes to the middle pair on the jig, then drill out the others. Let me know if you’d like access to the jig, or I could post out the one I actually used I no longer have a need for it (if I can find it).

3 Likes

Do you have a STL jig to cut it instead of just the paper?

Nope just a PDF

Got a long. Took about half an hour to reshape the deck with an electric hacksaw and to smooth the cuts with sandpaper. Used a blade for metal. Important to let the blade cool down and don’t do a continuous cut, otherwise the material fuses again due to heat.

Most belt drives will fit without any mods. Gear drive won’t.

1 Like

Oh and use gloves, I didn’t and I had funny feeling due to fiberglass strands pricking my hands a bit for a while after.

Thanks @telnoi that doesn’t sound hard. Tho I live in a student flat and electric tools are not allowed there obviously xD @JonathanLau1983 I would worry more about the lungs…

Yeah I am eventually going to do this as well, I have yet to drill the holes though, could you share the STL buddy?

No worries, here you go.

2 Likes

Why do you need different holes?

Slight variations, not much in it. But bringing them closer to the bend will shorten the wheel base and give a slightly higher riding deck. Trampa%20Long%20vs%20HS11