Why not make a balance charger with these

and it’s a hobby. @scepterr thanks for posting this I’ll be doing it. next be looking for the ultimate plug that has…I guess I need 13 prongs and preferably can be sealed tight from water.

2 Likes

Finding a suitable, small enough connector has been the sticking point

Xlr style 14pin

1 Like

SD28-12 or SD28-19 are good connectors. But the 12pin is only good about to 1A per wire. EDIT: Oh and yea, you need minimum 13 :smiley:

I’ve already done it…

If you want one power supply though you have to use DC - DC isolators on each TP4056 otherwise you get a short…

1 Like

Would you be able to post a wiring diagram, I think I understand but I’m not 100% sure. Would it work if you were to wire the boards in series or would that also cause a short? That way you could charge with a 40v power supply

You can’t wire them in series with 40v because each TP4056 needs 6v max, so 40v will fry any that you have in series. You can however wire them in series with 5v power supply that can discharge at 8A or more as it’s the A draw that matters here… But this is then where you need DC-DC isolators (About £2 on ebay) on each one to isolate the power source, otherwise the single power source creates a short.

I thought it worked differently as in say with leds each is 3v max if you put two in series you could use 6v to power them and so on. Does it not work the same with these modules?

Just remembered if you going to charge a battery pack through balancer leads with multiple chargers connected you will have a problem, because between cells its not real ground, its + of cell before and those small chargers have B- connected to ground so if you have multiple chargers your going to shorten the circuit

Just finding the bits I want to hear.

But here he says he needed another supply for each

If could use one supply for all twelve modules in parallel that would be great. What u think?

You would need DC isolating modules for each one, but it could be done.

2 Likes