Will evolve AT wheels fit torqueboards 218mm trucks

Hmmm if you don’t use the idlers wouldn’t you run either too tight or too loose belts since there’s no motor movement to adjust with? I wonder it it would be possible to deflate the tires to adjust idlers and then pump it back up one a belt it tensioned

How much material needs to come off to accomodate the pulley?

Working on it. Started with Dremel and hand file… somewhere less than a inch I’m going to say… really want to get it even on both sides. It’s hard with the circular cutting disc and not destroy axle. Hoping to finish today and waiting for belts. The dust that it puts off is crazy, had to move this stuff to the back of my suv.

2 Likes

after getting my wheels in today i got everything mocked up and it looks like the drive wheels will need about 12mm cut out of the hanger to be able to make up for the 2mm extra thickness of the rear bearing and to be able to show all of the axle nut threading. also the front wheels if going dual rear will need a spacer made to fit the extended axles as well.

So have to order another set of belts 420-5m-15 would not cut it, still a little short. Will be getting 430 soon I hope… idler clearance is also questionable

3 Likes

you cant use the idler pulley. the clearance isnt there. the clearance for is almost the same as how thick the belts are. i wasnt able to get them to work. i ordered 410 and a 415mm belt to see what would fit as 420mm was too long and 405 was too short. use with urethane wheels and idler pulley would work since the wheel pulley is so much smaller.

that was my fear. i went up a size, bad choose again… what about a smaller diameter bearing for idlers? do you notice slippage running 410?

i never thought of using a smaller bearing. that might actually work. if you do end up using one let me know! i went with a smaller belt size since i gave up on using the idler pulley.

Got a bunch of belts today unfortunately Marcmounts would not work for these sizes

410-5m-15 430-5m-15 420-5m-15

Note* this is in reference to tb218 with evolve at kit… I tried single idler, dual, no idler, inflated, deflated, and lightly greased belts. It seems without idlers as @rexpepper651 said is the best way to go. I’m thinking 415-5m-15 to make that possible. Might try 435, but for now I’m stumped on what I’m doing wrong here. It seemed like 430 might have worked with single idler, but it had too much dragg with any idler position :frowning: if anyone has run this setup before with dual 6355 give me a shout

2 Likes

Interested in these pneumatic options in the near future… do you have a target release date for either the wheels or info about the wheels?

@bloke900 no exact target date but we’re working on them. designs are pretty much done. i’d say we’re still about 3-4 months off to be on the safe side. They are 160x50 as of now. I wish I had them already but I don’t :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Since Torqueboards pneumatic wheels are not available yet are there other trucks that will fit the Evolve AT wheels easily?

Or are there pneumatic AT wheels that won’t break the bank and fit the torqueboards 218mm trucks? cc @torqueboards

1 Like

We’re working on our own pneumatic tires. Trying to release them as soon as we can.

Of course, have to do testing first. It will take longer due to everything being custom.

160x50 street tire and then perhaps a 180x50 all terrain tire.

It’s looking pretty sweet though… :slight_smile: If I had to give an ETA… Hopefully 2-3 months…

3 Likes

You ever figured out what size belt you needed ? I’m also going this route as well

I’m using @marcmt88 mounts with 435 mm belts with one idler for last 200km. mounts work with 450mm belts with dual idlers too. 445mm will probably work too with dual idlers.

2 Likes

The @marcmt88 mounts I used was one that’s compatible for 100mbs wheels. Is that the size mount you have as well ?

I got mounts for 107mm flywheels. I guess those mounts are same length.

1 Like

what Deck is that, Anyone Know a Deck That works with the At Wheels with TB Trucks