WISDOM BUILD - First DIY Build. Looking for some advice and any wisdom

Hi everyone,

It’s been reading through some of the topics and comments, I thought I could take advantage of everyones knowledge myself now.

I am looking to build a dual motor board. I live in the UK. I will use the board on roads, paths etc. These can be a little rough at times and aren’t perfectly smooth surfaces.Trying to keep my costs down as much as possible and will happily upgrade/update in the future when I can.

Deck: Still haven’t found what I am looking for. Some suggestions would be welcome and links to websites. Not looking for a big board.

Trucks: Flipsky - Double Kingpin Trucks (Includes motor mounts)

Wheels: 110MM TORQUE WHEELS (TB110) KEGEL

Motors: Torque Boards - MOTOR 6355 190KV x 2

Pulleys: Torque Boards - 40T KEGEL PULLEY 15MM COMBO KIT

ESC: Mboards - Dual Belt Driven Motor ESC (Includes remote) (Probably needs upgrading in the future)

Battery: MBoards - 10s2p Complete Battery Solution

Enclosure: MBoards Enclosure (292mm x 175mm x 40mm)

I have seen cheaper batteries on http://www.diyeboard.com/ but should I trust them?

Thank you everyone for any help or advice.

1 Like

Stop right there. Have you been drinking? Drugs? What’s up bro? These choice’s are screaming addiction. @b264 have you checked the mail yet

1 Like

Addiction? Can you explain further?

Yes, I could. I won’t though. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you for your support and helpfulness.

Im looking for a simple deck like this: https://www.longboardsuk.com/36-kicktail-blank-deck.html?cf_chl_jschl_tk=c4ef653cae6ef3de95144345ace734648542b82e-1617710229-0-AReg0WRcBlOb5c-kS-7eOh3ptfIGEg2AGS_jzBXfcZllOQCGsY04BSzwk7Yl_X_Q9Iz2E_PmrkbQ3dkhocpudF7lykZnKvAWvKiSSK6Jalx5kKcHS7_Uob4rtBxKSdg-tSQQ6NV-JBqqLYr9PqHEO7lV_zXxP_SdK8UrDFFKE0v8ErLpSe9ydHn3o_H2rKmW6zjeRq0XI54h8dOXLgZfv___GIVjzOQ7LrPNp7VOp49_mcO8rGglesgDsVNxvXSQUti5AUHbWSQs3cW1QIYEL0hcGXn_0kp9dfdNeo25-P6sZZq8T392VRw5pR7RKfy6sosOE-5gvg7oyIKMFN_vSt_0dzMTUFQP-pLdH4nONSjmYv10a3L3mCiFXXspuM2zLhdlu17PTCwKXNd9EwbtfLAgnnsg5v8-FBOe6fNOY4nu

Did you see that over on the other forum?

No, I found on a web search. Why do you ask?

i myself haven’t ordered from diyeboard.com but the consensus on the forum is that they offer really low quality parts that break quickly

UPDATE

Deck has arrived. Time to take measurements and see what route I will take.

1 Like

iff you haven’t ordered your battery yet from Mboards i would also be willing to build you a battery. (this would take some time though given that i don’t have the parts in stock atm so i would have to order them on demand).

You mentioned MBoards, do you recommend them?

i don’t have any expiering with them so you would have to ask someone else i mentioned them because they were the suplier u mentioned u were looking at

1 Like

Ordered my trucks today and arranging a battery and motors at the moment. I will post images at stages if anyone is interested.

My budget is ballooning so the hunt for deals intensifies. Need to find a well priced ESC /VESC any recommendations?

I will be running either a 10S3P or 12S2P battery pack with dual 6355 motors.

PS in the UK, so Import duty/taxes can be an issue.

UPDATE: Just received my trucks, couldn’t wait and had to put them on. Its starting to look like a skateboard now.

1 Like

Hi there, nice to have new bro here. 110mm are big wheels and 190kv motors has plenty of torque, but rpm’s on higher side. What is yor calculated top speed? And what max discharge rate for your batteries?

Im working with a custom battery builder to get a battery with works with all the motors well. The bigger wheels came about due to surface of the roads and pavements/paths in the UK. I might drop down to 97mm.

Any recommendations for the cheapest but reliable ESC for a dual motor (6355) set up which can handle a 12S battery pack?

So far seen: Spintend Ubox, Focbox, Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 + other Flipsky’s

Well my story, i have 12s single 192kv motor. First time i got 97mm wheels as in Kyiv roads are bed. I got 15t pullet on motor and 40t om wheel, and i felt max speed to be too high, and i wished to have less top speed and more torque, nut i couldnt use smaller motor pulley besause of belt skip(i use 3d printed pulleys and i was told it might be te reason of belt skip, and eventually i added bearings to tighten belt). Now im on 83mm wheels and i prefer them over 97mm. I did not noticed HUGE change in riding comfort, but torque improved a bit. You are yousing to os similar motors, so might be not an issue. My main idea to not look for biggest wheels but check other specs with same importance. So what output oc your battery, how many A?

UPDATE: Just received my wheels and bearings for my DIY board. Just waiting for more parts to arrive. Photos below.

1 Like