Would a 10s5p Pack like this be possible?

Opinions on this space efficient packing set-up? 12s4p

ehhhhh that would be way to difficult to spot weld.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a spot welder so it doesnā€™t matter anywayā€¦just gonna solder with 10/12 AWG because thatā€™s all I can do

1 Like

hehe youā€™ll rethink that decision, solder just dosdent stick well trust me (i tried it with 30 hg2ā€™s didnt go well) and it degrades the battery by a preety decent amount

and is that the new asus zerphrus?

Nahā€¦Scar I from costco

Already broke it skateboarding from classā€¦Iā€™m devastated

Haha it seemed like it for a second.

Whatcha did?

Banked a bit to hard to avoid the road and the wheels hopped over the asphalt/concrete transitionā€¦rolled onto my back and the corner of the case has a tiny crack to show for itā€¦lost all 3 of my mechanical pencils so I had to use a normal pencil like a peasant

oof hurts man, should just get a uni kuru toga, pencil those pencils are the shit.

Ooh thatā€™s a sexy pencilā€¦love that 0.5mm

i think they have a 0.3mm version i love those because they make my hand writing look good and i can write at any angle perfectly.

Damn, Iā€™m sold

1 Like

plus its a engineering marvel, it rotates the lead every time you press down so youā€™ll always have a sharp pointā€¦

i feel like a salesperson :joy:

Sure! Just make sure each P-group gets two of the brown cells and three of the green cells.

That was a mock upā€¦ I never mix cells of different ages or different capacity.

Iā€™m guessing 30q and 25r donā€™t work well togetherā€¦

1 Like

Soldering the cells does work; you donā€™t HAVE TO spot weld, but itā€™s highly, highly recommended

Iā€™ve tried but failed, solder just doesnā€™t sick as well as spot welds lol

They would work together if matched in the P-groups, but itā€™s not recommended and Iā€™d make sure to have a very robust balancing system (at least 150mA) if you did that.

Itā€™s far better to use the same make & model cells for the entire pack, and the same age cells.

Did you rough up the surface or use flux paste?

Yesā€¦ I used 100 grit sandpaper

@b264

The pack that I have at psychotiller is a 30q pack 10s4p around 3 discharge cycles so it would be fine to add 10 new cells.

With 3 discharge cycles it shouldnā€™t be a problem, as long as you have a BMS that balances the cells

1 Like