Would these batteries be a good range upgrade to my setup?

Hey everyone! I’m redoing my board setup and pretty much everything will be new. Generic deck --> loaded dervish Hobby wing ESC --> VESC Paris V2 with (broken) diy mount --> Caliber trucks with diyelectricskateboard mount Among other things.

Currently I am using 2 3s 5000mah lipos (just added a Bms for the new board) and, with the old setup, I found more to be desired when it came to range. On Hobbyking I found the 8000mah 3s lipos and was thinking that this would be a good upgrade for range as I already have my 6s bms setup. Is there any reason I wouldn’t want to go this route? As far as I can see, I would only be adding more battery capacity. Let me know if you see any faults in doing this or anything I’m missing!

Thanks!

Link to battery: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-3s1p-30c-lipo-pack.html

I would be very wary about different batteries; very small differences between brands or capacities can cause problems. However, if you are speaking of just switching them out on the new setup, I see no reason not to, more range is always better if you’ve got the space on the board!

Yeah I was just planning on using two of the 8ah instead of the 5ah.