Yet another accident

Wrong dude haha! @Deckoz we need videos of you carving it up on your boards though!

Yeah, now that I remember it was DerelictRobot. Not sure why I got the two confused

1 Like

@boardnamics so sorry to hear about your fall, hope you heal up fast!

2 Likes

Don’t give up! I’ll miss you too much. :slight_smile: Ride slow for a bit while leveling up your spider sense.

2 Likes

Damn! Sorry to read so many accidents lately

2 Likes

Ate it this morning, hit a rock and bailed in some bushes, lol

2 Likes

I broke my collarbone about 6 months ago but I got back on and I am slowly getting my confidence back. Now whenever I hit a rock or a bump or hit speed over 20mph I get flash backs. Pls recover and keep riding.

3 Likes

i feel you on that.hand i have 3 boards and am building my 4th. went to dinner the other night and wasnt planning on doing anything fancy so left my body armor at home. i now have 3 four inch titanium pins sticking through multiple bones in my right hand. Even with insurance, i am out over 3k so far not to mention 1 handed for over 2 months now and counting. Worst part is, i was stupid and didnt wear protection, all my fault. as a multi degree electronics engineer, my hands are my living …PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR SAFETY GEAR EVERY TIME YOU RIDE!!! If you see someone without, show them this… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

hope you heal up quick dude. I think I’m going to start carrying either my knife with a carbide window breaker or leathermen so I can slam the car that causes me to go flying so they have some damage for causing me damage.

2 Likes

Eboarding kicks my ass too. Throw an rpm limit on your vesc and keep on reppin’. My board is way too fast yo :man_facepalming:

After my third fall, I said fuck it and got 6" penumatics with drop down deck. I am 900kms in and haven’t had the slightest problem.

I would be furious and bit scared after every fall. It passes. @Boardnamics, get better and slowly get back. Ride slow(<15mph) whenever there is a car nearby. If you have access to a isolated bike lane, they are the best.

1 Like

Falling is pretty normal for me, I’ve fell hundreds of times since I started riding. Hasn’t stopped me from riding urethane as I’ve been riding for 6 years back to my pushing days.

2 Likes

Hope you have a quick and full recovery Kevin! :hushed: (And that you get back into riding again in the future :wink: )

1 Like

We love a dangerous and potentially deadly pastime here chaps and chapesses. Lets not keep posting about injuries. Post about your great rides, about the freedom you feel when riding. Be like the 2nd world war fighter pilots. No casual talk of the ones who fall, but accolades for the experience when you don’t.

Sorry to hear about the wipeout @Boardnamics get well soon man.

From my experience riding this beast for about 2 years most acidents happen from stupid pedestrians walking with thier eyes closed and drivers i dunno probably medetating while driving or something . So just be careful out there , u might not be an idiot but alot of others are ;).

Get well soon man and stay safe es8ters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE, well almost a year later, last 2 fingers on right hand are still useless but hasn’t slowed me down too much as stable is full. It just takes a lot longer to get out the door ins full body armor but worth it! LOL

3 Likes