Yet another headached newbie with a BMS

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read the topic.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around wiring the BMS to bypass discharging and to be used only for charging. I have read numerous topics and watched countless videos, but still I do not feel confident to start soldering things together.

I am using a 6s Multistar 10000mAh battery. I used Paint to sketch up a little wiring diagram of how I think this should work, but in reality have no idea if this is how it is actually supposed to work.

Anyways, here is my wiring diagram:

BMS%20DISCHARGE%20BYPASS

I would love to hear your feedback on it. Is it ok? What should I change?

Thanks a lot!

That is almost correct, the charge port should be connected to C- unless there is not one on this specific bms. The hardest part is getting the balance cables in the correct order, which you seem to have done

There’s only P- and B-. Thanks a lot for your feedback, I’ll try not to mess up the balance cables.

In that case it’s correct, some bms modules use a common charge/discharge terminal

The balance cables can be tricky, they go in order by voltage, however your diagram is correct but the ground balance wire does not need to be connected anywhere

My newbie mistake with bms was that I got the balance wires confused (backward) becarful. Use a device to check the voltage of the balance wires b4 connecting it to the bms. The wire that read 4.2v is b1.

Some BMS’s will have a + next to one side of the balance port. In my case of an 8S BMS, the port is labeled 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+ with 8 being what connects to your main battery terminal.

Just make sure you read the datasheet for the BMS you’re using