$1 to $2 LG 18650 cells

I think I edited too late and you already responded.

Each BMS still balances it’s set of 10s2p

It can’t. Most BMS’s only perform balancing when connected to the charger(as far as I know). They should still MONITOR balance during operation though.

All BMS remain connected till charging is done for all, I haven’t had chargers shut off if 1 pack gets to full before the rest, that one idles(doesn’t go over 42v) while the rest finish It could be just couple minutes diff between them all finishing

^^^ I’m doing mine exactly the same way

i’m already using lipo because i bought a ton of them at a steal. i just think this might be useful for a second build

There’s nothing preventing you from tearing them down and building diff packs too 8S4P

9S2P

1 Like

So then you must have your charging port connected directly to the main battery leads(of the completed pack, after parallel connections). You are charging by bypassing the bms.

The only power leads are connected to the BMS… BMS isn’t bypassed for anything These 4 XT60 are connected in parallel, that goes to a fused charge port and fused/keyed discharge port The packs I combine I IR and capacity match

1 Like

I have(had) one of these packs that I took out of my busted hover board. But I’m not sure how they come from these guys. It looks like there is no charging port soldered onto the BMS when it comes right? Or are you saying that you charge them in parallel like that with a connector

BTW I am totally just curious and I’m not attempting to criticize in any way. :grin:

I charge them just as you see them, no modification whatsoever other than being paralleled Whether the bms is actually balancing i cant say for sure, i just know that none have gotten unbalanced, the oldest being in use for 6 months

You should seriously start making your own packs because the ones the diy sells are crazy expensive for the batteries. I would totally buy one to save time and know it is done right

If you’re local and come to my shop I’ll build you a pack :wink: 14S10P LG MJ1 3.5Ah I’m putting together for a client for an ebike

Well I’m in Jersey, Belmar to be exact. I wanted to go to the broadway bomb but I didn’t realize it was this weekend till today. You ever come down to Jersey

Haven’t been to Jersey in like 2 years lol I’m at the shop 6 days a week, not much time to go anywhere, just a week vacation every 4-6 months

@scepterr what enclosure are you using to fit all those packs? Didn’t you make it or find it somewhere?

It’s an enclosure that previously housed lead acid or huge lipo packs, no idea where to get them. Like this

@scepterr aha. How does that 10s8p pack perform? Sag? Range?

It doesn’t sag, the batt max in the vesc is 35A, I know the rider charges once a week and rides it to and from work and around town daily, I would say at least 20miles @Colson003 Found the enclosure used on these things http://www.powerboard-dealer.de/shop/elektro-skateboard/gecco/

Great job on those batteries. The big enclosure from works with very minor modifications.

1 Like

found a video on youtube using the batteries.

u have a shop in manhattan?? Id love to drop by at some point and chat about a battery build I want to attempt but need help mapping it out just to make sure I dont f things up =)