$1 to $2 LG 18650 cells

I didn’t realize I’ve been doing magic this whole time…:rofl:

1 Like

your basically harry potter

There are currently 6 boards on the streets of NYC daily with either a 10s6p or 10s8p made from these They were all either lead acid or huge heavy swollen lipos

that was my concern. lol. how long would it take you to charge a 10s6p? i wish it was a 12s

You can use a 4-5A charger and it’ll be the same time as charging 10s2p with 2A charger

but doesn’t it come with a charger?

10s6p should get you upwards of 20/miles charge. I’m going to use a 2a charger even though itll take like 4 hours cause I wont have to charge it often

No dude it’s just a battery lol

lol, ok . maybe i should actually click on the link.

1 Like

Dont you have to rewire the bms if you connect them in parallel like that or can you just have 3 bmss in your board :joy:

No, nothing needs to be rewired it’s literally plug and play Each BMS handles it’s own 10s2p, connecting in parallel does nothing to affect that

it would be good to remove the bms to save space but that would be a lot of work.

Guess I found a cheap fix to my dying enclosure problem from those lipos lol

Uhm removing the BMS is literally just cutting 10 wires

2 Likes

or, ideally, desoldering. don’t want little leads rattling around the battery pack

Cut them at the battery cell, nothing loose

oh yeah that’d work too. These batteries are really piquing my interest

They are great value for the price, just keep in mind they are not great compared to most other cells If let’s say you were going with lipo to save money these would be a great alternative

If you are only using 1 charging cable to charge, I’m almost 100 percent sure that 2/3 of your packs are not being balanced correctly(or at all).

EDIT: I just mean that the BMS isn’t performing balancing features. The cells will still “naturally” balance themselves to some extent(eg: all the ppl running with no bms).

Not if your bus bar is thick enough to not offer any resistance that would affect each pack discharging and charging at the same rate Each BMS still balances it’s set of 10s2p