13S10P 30Q, Hummie Deck, TB DD, Focbox Unity - GT2B

Yes lol Now I gotta test the voltage of each cell :-(:sob:

EDIT**

After checking none of the cells are dead all cells were

3.40 3.41 3.42

1 Like

Roughly how heavy will it be with the DD?

erm idk probably around 30+ pounds, it won’t matter that much as with a longboard I can finally drag it by its rear wheels

1 Like

What was your goal with such a huge battery? With that many cells in parallel are you worried enough to use cell fusing? Does that BMS let you do any extra monitoring of each group? Are you going to mod it to increase balance current? By default it has a balance current of only 72mA, your pack has 30Ah!

1 Like

um i somehow draw 27ish wh/ mile on urathane? and im only 115lbs? and i need to keep up with some fast riders in nyceboarding

no. its not needed

1 Like

if your pack is built well that chances are you won’t need cell fusing

I think fusing helps mainly when a single cell fails entirely and becomes a short. Poorly built packs are likely to short around the fuse (e.g. short from friction on cell wrap, or no insulators) and are unsafe no matter what is sprinkled on top.

Re: range, with that many in parallel you could have gotten more range with higher capacity cells, since discharge current won’t be holding you back. Or go lighter at 13s8p. But it’s only ~10% or 5lb, neither of which is significant in this case. :sweat_smile:

Re: balance current, for lion 0.1v is ~10%, so 3Ah for the whole group. It’ll take >1.5 days to balance that. I’m building an 8p pack and will have a similar but smaller problem, but I’ll be using diebiems which can show you voltage of each group, so it’ll be easy to keep an eye on balance. With that many cells and $$$ involved it might be worth you picking up a bms which can easily give you metrics. The chance of battery failures is not high but the result can be catastrophic.

im sorry but based on that statement I can make an inference that you’re not very informed about this matter.

I’ve built 0 packs and am here to learn. But as mentioned above this is a nice feature of some BMS’s. Plus there’s no need for attitude. Your board is going to be huge and I’m excited to see how it turns out, looking fwd to updates. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

How is your efficiency so bad? I’m getting 8 on good days around campus

2 Likes

sorry i didnt mean to present a additude anyways its not gonna take 1.5 days to balance out, and i said 0.1v was the max drift

and 0.1v is not 10%

you can discharge the 30q to 2.5v without major issue (dont do it) but sag would be unreal at that point

if you know anything about BMS’s then you know if a cell is majorly out of balance the pack won’t charge to 100% that’s how you know there’s something wrong with your pack… :sweat_smile:

Quality cells on a properly build pack with adequate current share hardly imbalance, if any at all

Not that I encourage it, but no BMS, and at least 1500km on the pack and they are perfectly balanced (to the limit of my multimeter)

1 Like

@lazarus people assume that there is drift because they use cells that are produced in different batches meaning that they will not be matched :smiley:

plus if your pack does not charge to 100% that is also a indication that your cells are out of balance

1 Like

and 0.1v is not 10%

No idea how authoritative this site is, but they suggest 10% at the top.

if you know anything about BMS’s then you know if a cell is majorly out of balance the pack won’t charge to 100% that’s how you know there’s something wrong with your pack… :sweat_smile:

Ah that makes a ton of sense.

Quality cells on a properly build pack with adequate current share hardly imbalance, if any at all

Good to hear, I may be a little overly careful after Karam’s experiences.

1 Like

Ahh, just got word today that’ll Ill have to pay a 5k deductible!

1 Like

Shit… it could have been worse but your deductible could have been higher…

1 Like

How tf am I going to get this money, I literally make nothing at my job

1 Like

Oouf That’s tuff just realized that your not a full adult yet

1 Like

How long did your cells take from nkon? Aren’t you in NY? When did you order?

I’m waiting on an order placed March 19th, hopefully it doesn’t take more than a few more weeks…

1 Like

I ordered on the 18 or 21st of March I don’t exactly remember and yes I’m In Ny

1 Like

Thanks, did you get a tracking number by chance or did it just show up one day? I’ve still got no tracking, just them saying they sent to Germany.

1 Like

Yeah and when the people in Germany ship it you will get fedex tracking

After you get fedex tracking it shall only take around 3 days to get to you

1 Like

Nice! That is reassuring … I think mine will make it then. I appreciate the insight.

2 Likes