13S10P 30Q, Hummie Deck, TB DD, Focbox Unity - GT2B

I have a few ideas that you can use

A fully 3D printed one, just don’t do the same mistakes I did

A partially 3D printed enclosure, with the sides printed and the top using an aluminum sheet

3 Likes

I actually really like this idea and was considering it on one of my current builds.

4 Likes

I did this but used Kydex sheets instead of aluminum

4 Likes

I just need access to a 3d printer. Have kydex and diamond plate steel if i wanna go hardcore lol

2 Likes

Sorry for not having read up on how exactly you did it, but thats how you made the recently posted enclosure, right?

If so, Alan should defo take points from you… the final product looks professional as fucc :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

No, that one is a psychotiller enclouser that I skinned, but the same thing could be applied to a 3d printed one. (Thats my next project)

1 Like

haha, woops!

I wonder if its possible to give the 3d printed enclosure a nice finish without even skinning it… acetone finishes and what not

heres a random picture of what I mean image

left is pre acetone and right is post acetone

e: flipped my r and l, I need sleep :joy:

2 Likes

You can use epoxy on the 3d printed enclouser to build up mass to sand it. Then paint it and clearcoat

2 Likes

Ive seen that but on such big parts it could be hard to do.

1 Like

Yeah its certainly not an easy process, but I think it could give a nice shine to the enclosure. I dont know much about ABS and acetone but I would also worry that it compromises the enclosure if its thin in certain areas… :man_shrugging:

epoxy certainly seems like a more durable solution though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

U looking for an enclosure for the hummie deck? What measurements do you need the enclosures to be.

Enclosure needs to be able to hold up a 13s10p cause I aint deck mounting a super heavy battery

1 Like

The guy dropped out cause he thought that 1.1 inches is not tall enough for a double stack on a hummie deck, so he thought it was a waste of his time.

1 Like

Have you asked Xavier?

You want it in one single enclosure or would 2 separate enclosure work. Like this IMG_20190430_231917

1 Like

Single enclosure.

Deck mount the battery like this, it will shield it from impact even if you have low ground clearance and the batteries won’t fall out until the deck literally gets torn apart

image https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/7/4/749c43aa39457a7eb4061a1d42d0bc8580495b97.jpeg

(1/8” x 3/4” mild steel flat stock held with countersink 12-24 bolts and 3 nuts each)

its too risky riding at 40mph… to do that setup

1 Like

What do you mean risky? It’s the strongest part of my board rn

the cells holders wont be able to provide enough power for my build…

planning on setting my batt max to 150a

and setting each @Hummie’s hubs at 100A

4 Likes