14 year old's first build Custom Deck | 6354 190kv | Custom Mount | Custom ABS Enclosure | 8s 5000mah LiPo | 90mm Flywheel Clones

Ahhh ok, that makes sense now, thanks again!

build my first board as a freshman in highschool too, but you definitely went all out with that awesome DIY mount!!

props man, for real.

Thanks, it took me a long time but I am really happy that the mount worked out, and it feels great knowing I made it myself :slight_smile:.

@Smorto what exact batteries did you use. What mah and C rating were they?

Zippy 4s 5000mah 20c batteries from Hobbyking. I would advise a higher C rating if you get something similar to these batteries though.

Thanks, I think I’m going to get 2 of these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-5000mah-3s1p-25c.html

Sounds good, good luck! :slight_smile:.

Wow! Modified trucks, homemade motor mount from scratch, modified transmitter. I say i built mine but really i just bolted some parts together. Way to go!

“Nice work ya did, You’re gonna go far kid…”

1 Like

Ha thanks! It took a while and was ton of work but it was so worth it! This hobby is awesome! :slight_smile:

Looks like a class build, was wondering if you could talk me through your charging setup? Like how you charge it and regulate the voltage so you don’t over charge etc…

Sure, so I rigged my Imax B6 V2 with the other end of the Miami Electric Boards Charging Adaptor so that all I need to do is plug it into one of the charging ports on the board. Then the charger does all the work. You just set the charger to the chemistry of your pack (LiPo for me), the voltage of your pack (4s for me) and the amperage you want to charge at (5.0A for me which is 1c for my pack). Once one battery is done, I simply unplug it and charged he other battery with the other port.

Cheers sounds similar to my charging idea, though I had a few issues. Would you mind taking a picture of your setup whilst charging so I get a better idea of how it works?

For sure, here you go.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help man :+1:t3:

No problem, glad I could help.

One more question, when you’re charging do you unplug your xt90 to break the circuit?

Yes. It is how I turn off the board.

@Smorto would you recommend caliber trucks over Paris trucks for building a motor mount. Would the price difference be worth it?

Yes because is is easier to make it stay on the truck in my opinion

Agreed, there are also more pre made mounts for a caliber truck. However, if you are making your own mount and your heart is set on paris trucks, it can be done though with probably a little more headache :slight_smile:.