18650 15A or 20A

Foc esc means focbox?

1 Like

So looks like the 6374s 170kv 3200w is a safer call to use?

Yes correct I just read 60A constant 120A peak

It doesnā€™t not have anything to do with safer. Just more weight and more money to spend for no real effort. Your battery pack should fit to your esc. The motor for sure can handle the load. Doesnā€™t matter if 6374 or 6384. If you go dual focbox, limited to 40a constant for example than you need a better which can handle 80a constant. Means 5-6p would be better than 4p 30q Or you go 4p on vtc5a batteries.

And the 60a constantly the focbox can only handle if the cooling is perfect. Means as min mounted outside with good air flow. If you interested there some heat sinks made from @Kug3lis which seams to help pretty good with getting rid of the heat.

I think i understand now Bassicly i am chooseing the wrong battery setup for the esc

10s would be better

Forgive my qeustions I am a great builder but elektronics i really am bad at.

If i could ask what setup would be correct exactly for the focbox esc.s?

all the vescs you can adjust the current from the battery to the motorā€¦the power. so you could use any weak battery and lower the settings on the vesc but of course you dont want low power, but it starts with the battery and you need to chose one that can put out the current, power, you want. look at the output of the 30Q and its really a 20 amps cell. it can put out 20 amps continuously and not drop the voltage much or damage the cell getting it hot. if you have 4 of them in parallel then you can do 4x so 80 amps. thereā€™s power. the motor doesnt decide the power ā€¦you just hope its big enough that the power you send to it wont make it hotā€¦so it needs to be big enough

I am just really confussed because i got this formula And its stats 12s4p And the focbox esc.s

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AxLJf37kyz0sql9tlmnJvLmiAwvqsjCZJz2VLgr7fvw/htmlview

With 12s you just can reach higher speed. 10s4p is very common too and even a bit safer as the focbox can handle up to 60v peak and with 12s you already run the focbox with 50,4v. Just remember if you built a 10s4p pack than also buy a charger for 10s not 12s as itā€™s mention in the list

1 Like

I just wish to run alien motors the 6374 or 6384

Nice torqy motors

10s4p will be a safer option for the focbox it seems The 12s4p is just a bit to much? The enclosure i wish to order is a 4p setup either 10s4p or 12s4p

Both setups will have a good torque and speed. And you can always adjust your gearing to your needs.

I think what i am gonna do is get the alien 6374s 170kv 3200w And run 10s4p with the focbox. The motors are rated at 10s so think this will be a fair setup. Sound like a good call andy?

1 Like

Yes for sure! I was running 190kV on 11s Dual and it was a good board. With max speed up to 55km/h and nice torque. You can run the alien motord also 12s just in case one day you want to upgrade. Itā€™s written 10s but 12s fine too. I just ordered the same motors you plan to buy and will run them 12s. To start with 10s is a good thing. If you use a bms, look for one which you can set up to different S batteries and loads. With it you can just update your 10s to 11or12s by simply add 1 or 2 packs of 4cells and buying a new charger.

1 Like

Cool andy Big hive five for the help

15332001547283303621035025872595 First part has arriverd;-) What a sick looking deck!!

I should go for the 30Q or VCT6 chrome The 25R can maybe handle 20A better but they get a bigger voltage drop. Your friend has 2 of these powerfull motors, If youā€™re going to make a 12S4P, he must really go for the Sony VCT6 cells. they can handle 30A continues with no problem. Iā€™m sure these will give the most power with your 12S4P setup.

There was another test that did several abuse charge discharge cycles and the 30q showed to be more durable. It had more usable capacity after the test than the others. Cant find the test right now but if I find it I will post back.

1 Like

Welcome! Yes looks quite nice! Keep us updated. Maybe you wanna write a build thread too?:thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Use the search bar. Type 30Q vs 25R. Iā€™ve written extensively about why the 30Qs are a much better choice.

Read this. There are a bunch of links there to other threads and posts about the subject.

1 Like

Did you get the PC one or the regular Bluetooth one and what is he difference