18650 15A or 20A

My charger doesn’t show the battery % just has a green and red light to show when it’s done charging. I believe I got the setup right for my battery indicator. I’ll double check tho

What should I put here in the bat voltage cutoff and bat voltage end15340159036036947957978195416145

You have 10s LiIon right? Than battery cutoff start at 30v end at 28v More deep i wouldn’t go.

Awesome thanks Andy

You welcome!

BMS just arrived at my place today. Would I be soldering both load and charge port to c-? Might be a stupid question but I’m just making sure -8274025931318208117 or could I connect it like this? (The wire from load would just go straight to the port not connect half way)sketch-1534912630324

It’s basically the same. They just draw it like this as it’s more easy to understand. Important that the charge and the load parallel to each other. So you can just solder the wire for charge and discharge to your c-. No need for a small split wire.

Thanks man really appreciate it! Do you know of any type of good balancer/ charger for 18650. All my individual cells are messed cause my old BMS was absolute complete trash

no, not really. I guess you don´t want to make your pack new, right? If that wouldn´t be a problem, than just take apart every cell and charge or discharge them with a normal stock charger so that they all have the same voltage.

Yea I made a little charger thing cause I really don’t want to spend a couple hundred to buy new cells. IMG_20180815_180801_015 but I was just wondering if there was one with fast shipping that I can just plug the cell in and leave it till it gets to 100 and then do the next one

1 Like

Look in your local electro shop. In mine they had a cheap 4 cell charger for 18650s

Alright I’ll check, thanks again

1 Like

15402433648058779451028284498132 I’ve connected the BMS wires on to the battery (about time🙄) and was wondering if this looks correct. The wires go 1,3,5,7,9,11 and 2,4,6,8,10 Side note, I got the battery welded but I definitely need more nickel on there or something. I don’t have a spot welder and

I’ve connected the BMS wires on to the battery (about time🙄) and was wondering if this looks correct. The wires go 1,3,5,7,9,11 and 2,4,6,8,10 Side note, I got the battery welded but I definitely need more nickel on there or something. I don’t have a spot welder and was wondering if I could just lay down some wire via solder? Thoughts?

Yeh I think soldering a wire will be your best bet as these strips can only do 7A max at best, I think.

Though… u will need strong flux / acid to get it to work… at least i had real trouble soldering on nickel, not to mention on cells directly.

It can be done but is a bit tricky…

Also soldering iron with at least 60w is recommended, i think.

Or… just find someone with welder but i guess at this stage it is not really viable

1 Like

Up that to a 95W soldering Iron at least. Small soldering irons slowly raise the temp to melt point which has the problem of burning off the flux and the solder doesn’t stick. The heat has more time to disperse into the cell with potential to damage the cell. High wattage iron will heat the area up quickly and the solder will stick before the flux burns off.

Yeh I guess that’s the iron to get if there’s no strong flux / acid available but soldering is still needed close to the cells