18650 group buy

Good thinking. Problem is I wouldn’t know if I got screwed I don’t have a capacity tester.

I pm you btw

I’m in the same boat…

1 Like

If it works this go around. Whose to say we won’t do it again in a few weeks or so. I’m going smallish with one pack 40 cells. Maybe a couple extra

1 Like

agreed: I think I’m going to go with 44 cells like LHB.

I’m still debating on whether to go 12s3p (for @Hummie’s hub motors) or 6s5p for my personal single motor setup… I made a 6s3p for my new LHB deck, but I really feel it needs more. Plus, I don’t have too much confidence in that little pack delivering the amps, range, or reliability with it being small and the first 18650 pack I’ve soldered.

I have a space cell now, so I could always use that with the hub motors.

44 cells with allow me to either have 8 extra or 14 extra, which gives me a nice cushion so I don’t have to worry about screwing up and not being able to finish my pack.

@JLabs so 44 cells should end up being roughly $200 give or take; just let me know when you are going to start emailing them, or when you want me to send you the necessary information (and that STL file for the remote when I get home :wink:)

thanks for helping to organize this!

bought them from brimstonevape they come in 2 parallel or series not 4 cell option but they will do custom stuff so if you wanted you could email them and have them make my 10s4p pack as one giant sled

1 Like

if you have a lipo charger it should have a discharge mode and tell you the capacity i know the imax b6ac does.

1 Like

Thank you. I was gonna solder them but to have a removable option would be cool too I just sent them a message . And yea my charger doesn’t say it only counts capacity up as its charging, it doesn’t discharge. It’s a dynimite pro dual or something

Also need to figure out what BMS and charger i’m planning to use from now on. I really like the ones from Shenzen in the space cell, but i’ve been talking to evmadrid on instagram and he says the ones from batterysupports are good too, and those can just be ordered online. They have a larger footprint though.

More research!

run bms-less

use vape sleds

join us

join us

1 Like

LOL come to candyyy mountaaain charrleeeee

1 Like

Charlie were going to the moon

Your boobs are incredibly distracting. I keep looking at them and then i remember you’re a dude and then i feel dirty inside. The kind of dirty that a shower won’t clean.

Also i’m totally going sledless, probably just glue the cells together like a bike pack and then solder on the nickel strips.

You like man books don’t you, creep.

I’ll change it eventually but, you really should do vape sleds then you can access the cells easy as fuck and charge them in 18650 chargers.

I might use a bms. But if I don’t I’m just gonna attach balance leads and just my lipo charger

1 Like

God dammit… now i miss your boob pic. Clearly i have some self discovery to do.

I want the smallest pack possible, which means not using sleds. A BMS means i don’t have to remove them anyway, i just have to plug it into a wall and forget about it until its done charging.

… not sure how i feel about that

I need to learn how to do do this stuff :rage:

1 Like

I posted a thorough build post… I’m in the pre build process, check it out

I feel like I’m gonna confuse something and short the whole darn thing … Need to get the nerve up to do it

1 Like

Hi my name’s psychotiller and I like delta’s man boobs too bahahaha!

1 Like