2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Lol @caustin any guidance would be greatly appreciated

And yeah…it looks better when an entity is booking a convention and not a bunch of Yahoos on electric skateboards

It’s part of the whole idea of bringing it all in under one umbrella

The convention is a wonderful idea, but doesnt have any legs when prospective sponsors or vendors look at our show…it’s better to say it’s an Esk8Squad convention rather than a bunch of dudes running around Vegas in Esk8

@Michaelinvegas where my shirt… :eyeglasses::joy:

1 Like

lol I have a belly shirt for you my man… summer is around the corner for you lol

It’s gonna look FRESH with the gold shoes…

3 Likes

Hahaha … yep

If anyone wants to pm me direct to discuss anything abt this in private, so it’s not broadcasted to the entire community…I welcome your messages

Does anyone else see electric dildo squad? Or is it just me?

13 Likes

Haha, I did. But I didn’t want to rain on your parade. You were so fired up :slight_smile:

1 Like

you´re right :smiley: “electric squad” - with an strange looking dildo thing lol

1 Like

So for sure this will be an outside event. It makes no sense to have and Esk8 Convention indoors.

The reasons: We need a large area, like a parking lot. How are we gonna skate? Many people are driving Most likey vendors will have stuff in cars or vans and prob have a tent. Food trucks Demo areas Event Areas Staging areas also I think its important to have a swap meet area

Right now the only place i can think of having it is at UNLV

Im not sure of any costs right now but will reach out to them shortly…And find out the requirements to reserve the location for the type of the event we are having.

I am thinking April or May 2018 …We will have a good chance for awesome weather during the day and night…

Im def thinking this will be a two day event…

first day is a vendor, demo, meet up, race show-and-tell kinda day…that will be held in a lot… that will be a very long day…and look to start at 9am and end around 5pm … then move the event to a free evening event like first friday as mentioned…most likey i will request vendors to be mobile…so they can pop up shop on the street event…There will be food at both locations…so you wont go hungry…The evening event is a chill evening will a group ride downtown…there will be tons of people…any vendors that show will be mobbed …we will def need to advertise here in Vegas…Time to leverage some old relationships…

Day two: Will be at a diffrent location…Looking to hire a TACO guy to make tacos…So, its a BBQ…Im kinda set on this location…Its all the way east but 20-25mins from the strip but plenty of smooth road to rip…and access to a huge paved path…totally safe…I think this is the best place to attempt an off road race…since its not in the middle of no where…and miles of free parking

Day three is a free day or if you want…ESK8SQUAD TREASURE HUNT…I’ll do mu best to make the grand prize super sweet…like a full esk8 kit or if lucky a full esk8

5 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/events/260834791028210??ti=ia

And I guess On the last day in the evening we’ll mob one place at night and see each other off

Oh yeah… first one … at lest I got a year to motivate myself to drive 40h

Anyone wanna take a stab at making an itinerary for the three days?

Anyone wanna take a stab at mocking up an Esk8 location on a map?

Anyone wanna take a stab at making a poster for the event?

Volunteers?

One word

TACOS :taco:

4 Likes

I’ll hunt some places to stay…but won’t know till I can get an idea of how many rooms … I think they have some sort of sliding scale …

BOOM

I have Verbal YES from INBOARD!

1 Like

This is the best location I’ve found so far…on weekdays… since theres about a mile of empty parking lots along the bike path on the north end. :sunglasses:

it would be easy to make the event look good on video. which helps build for future events… Theres also a massive hill that would make a great race track…

We need that dirty mountain dew money http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419R3U-SzZL.jpg

2 Likes