2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Wonder if they’d let me in… jk. I don’t think I’m going to America any time soon, Europe this year. London & Paris meet ups with some guys hopefully. It sounds super cool though, hope everyone can make it happen

1 Like

OI love that area @saul my biggest issue is that there are way too many pedestrians…I still don’t understand why they walk in a clearly marked bike path!

Anyway Last summer with at the group ride …man…that was too many people in our way…couldn’t really open it up till past Santa Monica pier … and the sand on the concrete made me ride more cautiously the. Normal

But there’s so much to see and do… it is a great place …but I def think a regional spot to do So Cal meets

I just took @KlethBane on a ride this morning to a spot…It’s miles and miles of open path ways and if you want street riding just ride the road to the area … super light car traffic with super wide roads … go as fast as you want

2 Likes

I wonder if we could find a dirt track??? Like the evolve world cup

even though mine doesnt have off road tires yet - maybe by next year I will have a mountain board

don’t forget to promote safety at the event…maybe make helmets a requirement and have those vendors there as well

1 Like

I have never ridden near a beach. wouldn’t kicking up sand be an issue?

1 Like

@KlethBane the place I took you…I think we could easily figure out a solution since its all dirt next to the road and the path

1 Like

@lox897 you just have to hit 18 i think lol…no sippin on the booze…root beer for you

2 Likes

on purple kegels it can slide out…but the path is usually clear. and wide enough to just go around… I just like the view better!

1 Like

it makes sense for evolve to do off road since thats their major selling point.

I think right now most diyer are on street wheels. emtb is another game.

1 Like

If you want an offroad race at a dirt track you can come to Germany.

Kai, the admin of the German esk8 forum (http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/) organized the dirt track championship for the last tree years. If there is enough interest, for 2017 hopefully again.

This is the link for the event: https://www.esk8b-dtm.de/

2 Likes

Jerry at Carvon is in :+1:t2:

3 Likes

And if anyone would like to draw people into this whole idea from outside this forum…please feel free to start a conversation on any other esk8 related forums or groups you are a member of…like endless sphere or a FACEBOOK group.

Plleae direct them to the sign up link…

Bump bump

1 Like

Am I asking for some grass root efforts to help me…

Sure am

1 Like

ShredLights threw their hat in :metal:t2:

3 Likes

@Michaelinvegas what about indoor go kart racing venues? There are 4 to choose from.

The big benefit of indoor is weather won’t impact the event. They should also have ample parking, staff, food and facilities.

They will also have lap timing equipment and probably some public liability insurance too.

Also, as it is indoors it will make it much easier for exhibitors to setup their stalls securly for the weekend (assuming the venue has a resonable sized floor space to accommodate the usual 3x3m spot, you will need to check) Packing up and setting up twice would totally suck.

4 Likes

That is a great idea for a venue…

And will see if we can incorporate that…I’d like to have it as outdoors as possible since we ride mostly outside …

So I know we"d need a lot of cones and sidewalk chalk hahahha

There is actually an out door track that is a nice size…but I think I wanna create a standard track like one that @RunPlayBack made last year…that way the course can be easily replicated so people can set up to practice the course … so when everyone meets up…people are 100% race ready…anyway that’s a whole other discussion…

I’m thinking of ways for us to be corralled but yet have tons of free riding space, vendor space, vendor demo space, race space, swap meet place …etc…

You guys want something that will knock people’s soxs off and you get to call it your own…I’m working on it lol

1 Like

ahh yea this one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Boom …

That’s the one

… also…I will be asking all of you coming to created different squads for group competitions…all teams will be required to have a certain number of people plus specific Esk8 boards within the squad like one 12s, one emtb, one 6s, dual, etc…(haven’t figured which yet) so, when you guys are here … you race as a team … no matter where you are from … an idea needs refinement…plus the following years in a new state or country …teams battle again

1 Like

I think there should be a thread to make a universal course … a standard per se …there should be one for emtb even

Anyone?

1 Like

@RunPlayBack will you allow me to show this as needed for example purposes?

1 Like