35mph+? My build log ,3rd build, please help

2mm is fine for an enclosure. @brenternet is just in a mood lol. I used 2mm on mine as well. I would advice though, if using 2mm, attach your components to your board. Dont let the components rest on the enclosure when mounted

1 Like

Would 3mm work any better

Thats for you to decide. 3mm is going to be a little more work to make it mold correctly. 2mm will work. Just velcro your components to your board.

1 Like

K cool will go for it how much of the stuff will I need

Will a3 be fine or will I need a2

Amazon (ebay should have them as well) has 12"x12" sheets. I get a pack of 4 for around $20. Build your mold first for the board. Measure that mold and then buy sheets accordingly

K thanks

10cha

2mm or .080 is plenty. All my batteries and electronics are in the enclosures with no velcro. Well over 200 miles and no problems.

what bldc tool should i use for unity @Ackmaniac or the one on enertion website

Both are reliable. Ack is more techy though. Vesc tool is your less techy version.

Hope you have some safety gear dude, make sure ya got a helmet on cause at 35mph!!! BE CAREFUL

As someone who has used dual 6355 w/ a 12s5p battery for nearly a year, I am disappointed with my low end torque when I geared it for a max speed for 40. (60A each 190kv 14/36 w/ 110mm wheels)

Spend the money and get 6374s if you have the cash. I have some on group buy now.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still crazy powerful, but I wish I could accelerate as quickly as a bike from a slow speed or stop.

I think this thread is older than I realized. Sorry if it’s irrelevant. If you already have your 6355 motors I’d like to hear how they are performing for you.

3mm is crazy hard to work by hand. And most times its unevenly heated leading to warping. 2mm should be the minimum you use also.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone

Why does unity tool say it only supports firmware 2.53 I thought firmware goes up to something like 3.3

So here is the update

Using flipsky 6355

Enclosure being made by @Tinp123

I have 15t motor pulley

32 and 40t wheel pulley

Probably going to use 40:15

What do you think

Also starting to think about vesc settings such as motor min max and etc…