4WD builder room

Isn’t it anyway the same voltage? Or am I missing some important electricity knowledge

It’s a very simple mistake. Ignoring wire resistance. Any two point on the same wire has the same electrical potential. So at the top, the +ve and -ve are connected directly together on the same wire. So there’s no potential difference across the +,-.

P.S. Potential difference = voltage.

1 Like

Mmmmm no bueno! :boom:

acording to human history, i have to make a fire before i make a battery :wink:

2 Likes

My original proposal was to get rid of that portion of wire that connects +ve and -ve of top ESC. Creating 1 big loop with ESC splitting the half’s of the cells. If you step back and treat ESC as a black box . Top ESC will see 6s + black box + 6s voltage, so hypothetical 12s voltage with some kind of load (black box magic in the middle). Similarly, the bottom ESC see the same thing.

Now question is how do we model this black box?

Don’t wink at me, that diagram exhibits a complete basic ignorance on how a battery works :ok_hand:

Let’s just patch over what I don’t know by patronizing another, all it takes is an emoji right?:wink:

1 Like

sorry :grin: when i’m thinking arround something, i almost always forget something

1 Like

No offense but I would look at 2wd max if you’re not sure how to wire this. 4wd is not for the unacquainted

but how should this make any fire? I mean it’s just a normal battery with an extra loop thats not beeing used/shut down/how do i call this?

I mean I know exactly how to wire this with split battery terminal. I was just wondering if anyone with experience had some secret way to make it neat. And brainstorm ideas. Bad ideas better than no idea. There was a fair amount of good info I got out of this theory crafting so the greed of my mind is satisfied atm.

1 Like

Nice slot/biscuit/groove cutter fits on yer router

I think he wrote that to me :grin:

I know you know

Oh @banjaxxed bruh click reply to him. You got me confused. :flushed:

No I’m not going to play, you will need to read read read, come back look at the diagram above, laugh or blush then hit delete

That is all

Never had any issues. Back in he day, Chaka told me it would be better to do long motor wires than long battery wires (i.e. put all of the esc’s close together. Even then, I had issues with the battery wires being too long. More caps inline fixed it, but it is a real thing. Been riding 4wd for almost 3 years now without any issues.

Quad is great for a couple of reasons. I’ve lost a motor before, was able to make it back still. Beyond that, you have more and better traction (won’t fishtail) and you’ll put less wear and tear on your esc’s and motors.

4wd is not for everyone. But if you want high speed on steep hills, it’s the only way.

Personally, I don’t know if 4wd is a good idea for a cruiser or not. It’s a lot of power. Doubling the power does not just double acceleration. At some point, it will get significantly more powerful by just upping the watts a little bit. Long boards are better suited for 4wd stability.

1 Like

I think ppl should just try 4WD Chinese hubs with FS 4.20 dual. They are under power in 2wd but at 4wd and 30A. They should perform as well as a decent build at a lower cost.

If I lose one motor on a dual I still can make it home with one. All depends on how you set up your board. In the same way you can don’t make it home with a quad and one broken motor to look from the other side. I agree that you have less stress on your escs and your motors but this also again depends on your set up. If you don’t add up your battery also a quad will not help you with traction on a steep hill.

Let’s say we have a 12s4p battery I can run 40a on two motors or 20a on 4 motors you will not have more power with it. But with quad you definitely increase your break force.

those things can actually do 30 amps per motor? That’s 1500 watts per motor. Can’t imagine them lasting that on an uphill.

I mean the FS dual 4.20 can do 30A so perfect for these if you don’t want to use those Chinese ESC. If you doubt Chinese hubs 4WD. Have a talk with @pixelsilva.

1 Like