63mm hub motors preorder

20% is for animals :japanese_ogre: . civilized riders go around those types of hills :man:. I’ll bet Jerry’s could do it though. his motors are huge :muscle: at least for a block…and then maybe they would smell :nose:

1 Like

I didn’t say my magnets are premium I said that they are better quality then what Saite or Emp (Emotor as they are called know) Because you could buy 50 magnets from 50 different companies and have them tested and there will be some that just arnt as advertised like batterys.

My thicker wider and arc magnets are what makes the improvements, I had my motors wound to a standard 80kv in Wye noarmaly 12turn but with the magnet improvements the kv was reduced to 60kv thus allowing me to decrease the turns to 10turn and increase the amount of copper strands meaning the motors can handle higher current.

Planetary gear would be amazing torqueboard but I really don’t have time any more to even look into it. I personally don’t have any hills that are over a 15% grade that I have found around me that are safe or have any sort of run up to test them on, but Iv never had a problem on a 15% in my test video I did a 10% and it didn’t even slowdown. But I still don’t think they can do a 20% very well. Hub motors are for cruising I think. If I can get my motors to perform like my boosted board then that would be amazing.

The steepest hills in my area is about 21%, but the one on my route is 16%. Will hub motors handle 16-18%?

Only have tested 15%

Are your motors going to be for sale again?

Not sure at this point.

Just maybe might look into 63mm hub motors

Thing are looking good!

3 Likes

Excited to see these wrapped in the bigger thane!

im Excited.

Looking great and sleek

Looks very nice :smile:

Ok so I am sorry for a bit of silence,

Thanks to Benjamin Vedder we discovered some thing wasn’t right with the motor winding, after a long weekend I worked out what it was, the B phase group was wound backwards. Very easy fix just have to do some modding.

Know I have fixed a few for sampling and man these things have torque. Will post a video over the week end. Complete it weights 7kg with carbon deck and space cell that’s only 200g more then boosted but with bigger motors and 5ah more battery.

As for the winding I’m leaning to sending them back and the factory fixing them or I can go it my self but the quality might be higher them just rewinding them.

4 Likes

When will the motors be available?

4 Likes

This guy is like the biggest tease ever haha, great work though, the design looks very nice and i wonder what they’ll sound like on FOC. Definitely a product i would want to buy. Have you measured the speeds you’ve been getting?

1 Like

Iv only gone 35km but I still had trigger

1 Like

I received 2 round and heavy items in the mail today. whatever could they be?

3 Likes

Cant wait for mine!I didnt know they shipped?

Wooo hope you like them

2 Likes