63mm hub motors preorder

Have you began shipping?

i sent even one an email to there paypal email address as well as regular updates and there waybill,

please check, your email started with mark

initial inspection looks promising. If I was being super critical, because Iā€™m an Anal OCD pedantic mofoā€¦ the thane appears to have bubbles in it and there is a scratch across the face of one of the hubsā€¦ however this is purely cosmetic and other than that the build quality look top notch! im very excited to get thes onā€¦

what loctite should I use? and where?

yes the thane has bubbles this is from air displacer and it is so hard to get right, the mould has to be taller then the wheel needs to be and then the excess machined off, this is why your wheels have rings on the inside edge. next batch i will have this fixed and will send every one a new set of wheels.

the scratch is from the factory after i sent then back for the motors to be rewound they did not pay due care and i am sorry but i could not rectify this with out adding more time onto the order.

i have used red lock tight, you can place a little amount on the grub screw and just a little on the nut, it is just to stop vibration rotation nothing els

1 Like

no love lost mate, the quality looks really good, the bearings spin smooth. the sleeve nut (for lack of a better term) fits perfectly! and i love the noise it made when you slide it in and out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ok here is a trap for young players: I have just screwed the sleeve nut (thats what Iā€™m calling it from now on) lightly onto my truck to check for fit. And I am talking LIGHTLY! not even finger tight, just loosely with my thumb and fore finger and it would appear that I have already damaged the thread inside the sleeve nut, from what I can only assume is a burr on my axle thread.

unless of course it was already damaged? I was so excited I didnā€™t check. it the other one is not damaged at all, dare I try it on the same axle?

I might need to run a dye over my axles before I try any more funny business.

OK I went and did it anyway. I screwed the other sleeve nut onto the same axle the same amount of turns that I did with the first one and it is not damaged at all. I fear that one of my sleeve nuts may have been damaged prior to shipping :frowning:

lucky your in aus ill send you another one, could also have been that that bur is know inside of the nut.

they problem is the nut goes lot further onto the axel then a normal longboard nut will,so a good clean could be in order, if you get the damaged one how bad is the thread? could it be redeemed at all for now by with a 6mm hex key tightening it onto the axel, or by using a tap and die set.

but ultimately i can have this part made cheap and from know on ill get a crap load of spares made.

i have a tap and die set, I could probably clean it up. but Iā€™m a little bit edgy on using a damaged thread seeing as it is holding the motor on! I just freaked out a little bit when I looked inside and saw all that damage on the thread (Iā€™m a car enthusiast as well so I know my way around a nut and bolt) I have put the undamaged one on and off the axle about 3 times now and there is no evidence of any damage. did i mention i was using thumb and forefinger? like so lightly i donā€™t even think it would have been possible for me to cause the damage. Iā€™ll put up some photos and video later.

Very cool. When is the next batch coming? Iā€™m thinking of jumping on the wagonā€¦

Iā€™ll send you a new one! And maybe Iā€™ll go stainless steel next time.

For what its worth here is a photo.

I dont know if you can really see it but the one on the right is damaged. The one on the left I screwed on and off the same axle 3 times and there is not a mark on it. So im pretty certain that i didnā€™t damage that thread with my fingers.

Nah looks like it was in the machining process

I still feel pretty happy to be one of the first people in the world with these motors!

any new batches coming?

If all of my customers are happy I will open up more preorders.

2 Likes

Thought they already were stainless? Would definitely be a good idea to do that upgrade, stainless will hold a thread much better.

Your sleeve nut has been shipped

awesome! you the man!

This is what I like to see, good healthy customer support, really shows that the seller cares. :blush:

1 Like